lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2019, 10:09 AM   #1
OttyFields
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Adjusting Regen on RXV with Handheld

So after having Bob over and him working his Voodoo magic on my RXV I need to increase the regen at high speed. Below 15 mph it is great but about 23mph to 31mph it takes too long for the regen to start working.
I am fine with it but my 2 kids can not judge distance very well and need to use the brake pedal to slow down. I would rather that brake only be used in an emergency.
So i read many pages on how to make my own cables and i purchase a Curtis Handheld but now I am stuck on what to adjust for what I want. Does anyone on here know which parameter I should adjust..? I have messed with a couple but I also don't want to corrupt the programming Bob done.
Attached is the pages I see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brake Parameters.JPG (33.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Brake Regen Parameters.JPG (62.5 KB, 0 views)
OttyFields is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2019, 07:58 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Adjusting Regen on RXV with Handheld

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttyFields View Post
So after having Bob over and him working his Voodoo magic on my RXV I need to increase the regen at high speed. Below 15 mph it is great but about 23mph to 31mph it takes too long for the regen to start working.
I am fine with it but my 2 kids can not judge distance very well and need to use the brake pedal to slow down. I would rather that brake only be used in an emergency.
So i read many pages on how to make my own cables and i purchase a Curtis Handheld but now I am stuck on what to adjust for what I want. Does anyone on here know which parameter I should adjust..? I have messed with a couple but I also don't want to corrupt the programming Bob done.
Attached is the pages I see.
Those are not regen, first one is related to an option for seatbelt interlock that adjust how much brake is applied when someone unbuckles a seatbelt while the cart is in motion, the second is the braking resistor that burns off excess energy when the battery pack voltage rises too high during regen. The menu you seek is only available when connected live to a controller with a Development level programmer. The arrow on the screen shows the value that sets overall regen rate. Default is 30 seconds, as shown. I typically set it to 20 seconds. That is the time from throttle pedal release, to full stop, in seconds. You reduce that time to increase regen rate and stop faster. There are maps where you can actually tune the regen rate at various speedpoints. The second photo shows my Development level Curtis programming interface.

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Development Live Menu.jpg (313.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Development Curtis Interface.jpg (120.8 KB, 0 views)
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:33 AM   #3
OttyFields
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I remember you doing all of those changes on the handheld while we were riding around. I was driving so I should of paid more attention.....lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2019, 09:06 AM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Bob turned up the regen on mine when he tuned the controller. Makes a difference and I rarely have to use the brake and even then only a tap or two. However a panic stop from 30mph+ can be "exciting".
I have been considering installing front disc brakes. Just for the rare occasion when you actually have to stop in a big hurry. Also to protect the motor brake. Statistically unlikely in my situation but you never know (Murphy's law).
There is a good video on youtube for a Jakes disc install on an RXV. Maybe something to consider.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:57 PM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I remember you doing all of those changes on the handheld while we were riding around. I was driving so I should of paid more attention.....lol.
My handset is custom... Factory level. The only one of its kind
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:01 AM   #6
OttyFields
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Bob turned up the regen on mine when he tuned the controller. Makes a difference and I rarely have to use the brake and even then only a tap or two. However a panic stop from 30mph+ can be "exciting".
I have been considering installing front disc brakes. Just for the rare occasion when you actually have to stop in a big hurry. Also to protect the motor brake. Statistically unlikely in my situation but you never know (Murphy's law).
There is a good video on youtube for a Jakes disc install on an RXV. Maybe something to consider.
Bob adjusted the regen on all lower speeds and cart stops so softly. Its so good that I NEVER used the brake. Now the kids are a different story....
Old 06-10-2019, 07:04 AM   #7
OttyFields
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
My handset is custom... Factory level. The only one of its kind
You have all the good stuff.
Guess I should of asked before I dropped the money on the handheld. If nothing else it's a great troubleshooting tool.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:00 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
You have all the good stuff.
Guess I should of asked before I dropped the money on the handheld. If nothing else it's a great troubleshooting tool.
The level 4 handset is still quite useful on a rxv, just not as good as an elevated one (I have never seen or heard of any handheld programmer elevated above level 4, but not at all surprised Bob has one).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:04 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The level 4 handset is still quite useful on a rxv, just not as good as an elevated one (I have never seen or heard of any handheld programmer elevated above level 4, but not at all surprised Bob has one).
Probably made one.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:37 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Handheld is the same as the OEM but has different software I believe. Man is a genius.. I have factory level also but it is a laptop size
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO