lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2021, 03:07 PM   #1
DannyAdidas
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO TXT 36 to 48v lithium conversion

Hello everyone. I'm in the middle of converting a mid 90's PDS cart with f/w switch on the dash, from 36v to 48v. Everywhere I'm looking lithium batteries are back ordered. RoyPow, BigBattery, EcoBattery, etc. Are Allied batteries a good option and the fastest turnaround? Wife is already starting to get antsy about how long this rebuild will take.

Sidenote, would an Alltrax 600ish amp controller and upgraded solenoid be the only other things that would need replacing outside of maybe adding a 48v to 12v reducer for some accessories? I believe I have the black AMD motor, which it sounds like may hold up better than the other one. Will be putting a 6 inch lift and 23" tires on as well. This will be for taking the wife and daughter around the neighborhood so extended range isn't as important, but would be a bonus.

Thank you in advance!
DannyAdidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2021, 03:35 PM   #2
once_for_all
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT 36 to 48v lithium conversion

was going to upgrade my PDS cart to 48v lithium but the aftermarket motor build folks said they would not speculate on whether my 36v sepex motor could take it.

I decided to upgrade my series motor cart instead. No issues there.
once_for_all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 01:53 PM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you're just cruising the hood then 600 is overkill. Although overkill is underrated I'd at the XCT400 or XCT500. I have the XCT300 in my 56v lithium cart on the stock motor and performance is incredible compared to stock controller on 48v lead acid.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 05:48 PM   #4
grtskydog
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The Alltrax 400 amper is plenty. That’s what I have on my 48V PDS.
grtskydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 09:53 AM   #5
DannyAdidas
Not Yet Wild

Hey Yall. I've decided to go with the Alltrax XCT500 set-up with 2ga wires, and FN2 switch. Battery will be the RoyPow 105ah 51v. After doing a lot of reading it sounds like the ADM black style motor I have is the more heavy duty 36v motor and should run ok on the new set-up, atleast for a while. I believe Scottyb compared it to overclocking a CPU on a computer. 33% more speed and torque. I am putting a 6" lift on it currently and will be putting 23" tires as well. Also adding street legal light kit. I guess we will see what the next week or so looks like. Wiring will be the biggest challenge I'm guessing.
Old 11-12-2021, 09:56 AM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

One advantage of the 500 amp Alltrax is that it comes with a cooling fan. Otherwise, 400 amps is plenty. I have my 500 amp set to max out at 350 amps on my Yamaha cart.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 10:02 AM   #7
DannyAdidas
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
One advantage of the 500 amp Alltrax is that it comes with a cooling fan. Otherwise, 400 amps is plenty. I have my 500 amp set to max out at 350 amps on my Yamaha cart.
Yeah I noticed that when looking at the package. I see that the Big Battery 48v has 350a peak output for 6s, where I think the RoyPow is 250a. I can pick-up the RoyPow today, but it looks like big battery is on backorder until Dec 20th. Wonder who has experience with these batteries and how much of an issue that might be.
Old 11-12-2021, 10:19 AM   #8
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

One of my golfing buddies just installed 105AH RoyPow. I looked at the install and it looks great. He's happy so far.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 05:53 PM   #9
DannyAdidas
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
One of my golfing buddies just installed 105AH RoyPow. I looked at the install and it looks great. He's happy so far.
I installed the RoyPow 105ah 51v this evening. Now I just need to finish up the 6" lift kit and wiring up the Alltrax 500a controller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RoyPow.jpg (52.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-15-2021, 05:00 PM   #10
DannyAdidas
Not Yet Wild

Hey Guys... I'm in the process of converting my 06 pds cart from 36v to 48v with RoyPow 105ah battery and Alltrax XCT500 controller and 2ga wire. I have installed the battery with no issues. ~35% charged and reads 52.4v. I'm getting 52.4 on the battery side of the solenoid, but getting nothing on the other side with or without keyswitch turned to the on position. The only thing I can think of that isn't hooked up, that previously was, is the reed switch to the old 36v charging port. Can anyone think of what may be going on?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roypow1.jpg (194.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg RoyPow2.jpg (100.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg RoyPow3.jpg (122.0 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO