lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2022, 08:16 PM   #1
pacman377
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Not what I expected.

So I just installed a big battery eagle kit with the 4 battery's in my 2012 ezgo 48v txt. It still has the factory motor but the alltrax controller, and has a lift running 23s. I have seen some videos and read where carts very similar to mine are able to get 50miles plus on a setup like this. In the last 7days we put 28 miles on the battery's when today they shut off on us. There was probably 3 maybe 4 miles on dirt roads. All the rest has been on paved roads. Fairly flat but a couple small hills. I know we did a few short runs seeing how fast the cart would get the cart to and got it to 30 a few times, but most of the driving was 10-15 mph. Honestly I'm a little unimpressed with the distance we got. Now thats myself my wife a toddler and a baby riding but still I expected probably 40 something miles. Am I expecting to much or does something sound out of place. Don't get me wrong our old Trojans wouldn't have been driven for this long or gone 7 days without a charge. Just unimpeded on the distance I've traveled. Are my expectations unrealistic or not. What are your thoughts.
pacman377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2022, 09:19 PM   #2
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Not what I expected.

You didn’t say which eagle kit you have 30Ahr, 60Ahr or 120Ahr. But with 23 inch tires on a lifted cart. You are not going to get 40 miles, more like 20 to 25 miles. I read some of the claims people post about miles they get and laugh, yes you can get those miles but have to drive below 20 mph and not have tall tires. Plus no passengers on board, weight and speed is the enemy on any cart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:35 PM   #3
pacman377
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It's the 4 battery kit. I believe 120ah. And yes I know that extra weight on it and the larger tires will negatively impact it and all. I figured I'm hearing 50 plus miles so 40 might be a good realistic expectation. Maybe I was wrong.
Old 02-22-2022, 09:38 PM   #4
pacman377
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I guess I could add if your saying 20-25 miles would be a reason able expectation and I got 28 then I am slightly ahead of the curve.
Old 02-23-2022, 03:32 PM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Make sure the circuit breaker on the front of each one is one. If one is off then you only have a 90ah battery.

There are many things that can really hurt your range, you know weight/speed/tire height but also front end alignment is a big one as is tire type and pressure. Running 16psi will get you more range than running 10psi.

I know my cart has some mild front end alignment issues and I have large tires and I get in the 15 to 20 mile range. Though with my cells, being used, I only know the capacity they had when new. It's possible I actually have a 64ah pack instead of a 94ah pack.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 06:55 PM   #6
pacman377
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes the tires are around 15psi and all the breakers are on. Never gave much thought to alignment. It tracks pretty straight but I know I have 2 ball joints that aren't good and tight anymore.
Old 02-28-2022, 09:43 AM   #7
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Most people want about 1/8th inch toe in but it'll still track straight with 1/2 inch toe in but rob you of speed.

I need to re-sleeve my king pins, they're showing too much wobble but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Just one of those things.

Another issue you may be having is your brakes may be dragging. Lift up the rear and with the run/tow switch in tow see if you can easily rotate both rear tires. If one turns easily and the other doesn't then that's your huckleberry.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 09:33 AM   #8
Bonepuddle
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

any update here? Was there an issue you found or is your range normal?
Bonepuddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 09:21 PM   #9
pacman377
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Apparently 26-30miles is all I'm going to get out of it. I've talked with Big Battery and they say that after 4-5 battery cycles we should see the most range we can get from the battery's. But 2 times my wife has had it stut down on her. So if it's parked and has 15-20some miles on it I'll go ahead and charge it. The tire psi is good alignment is good. Apparently we just have a big boat. It does have a tall limo roof on it a clays basket for moving stuff around the house and I know they don't help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!