lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2023, 04:51 PM   #31
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Eco battery and cold(er) weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
The thing that changes with temperature is the cell "internal resistance" which looks like a resistor in series with the battery. This resistance drops the battery voltage under load and the drop is a direct function of the battery current. In general, larger capacity batteries have a lower internal resistance. (if same chemistry) That is one reason I always recommend getting a larger (100Ah or more) pack even if you don't need the extra range.
Exactly. To put it simply, it’s like running a 100 yard dash. That’s warm weather. Then try and run the 100 yard dash in waist deep water. That’s cold weather.

And exactly the reason I added a 3rd allied to my pack for 90aH. Warm weather performance was perfect and I never had any complaints. While I never had it cut out with the 60aH, i know I was pushing the limits… with the 3rd battery it’s got extra headroom

About the only thing you can really do if it’s cutting it out, make sure you’re 100% SOC before you take it out, and be easy on the go pedal.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2023, 05:10 PM   #32
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'd like to report that since disabling the Turbo mode with my Alltrax and using a heat pad on my batteries at night when the temps drop I've had zero cold-related shutdowns this winter.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 05:16 PM   #33
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
I'd like to report that since disabling the Turbo mode with my Alltrax and using a heat pad on my batteries at night when the temps drop I've had zero cold-related shutdowns this winter.
What do you consider cold?
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 05:19 PM   #34
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post

Your cold doesn’t count. Your cold is when I declare the day a loss don’t get out of bed
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 05:26 PM   #35
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
It rarely gets below 25F here. I usually don't drive it below 40F. Honestly, I think if I didn't have that one hill that pulls 175A, I'm not sure I would need anything. Except the batteries would feel like they are dying when I drive.
Old 01-14-2023, 05:56 PM   #36
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
It rarely gets below 25F here. I usually don't drive it below 40F. Honestly, I think if I didn't have that one hill that pulls 175A, I'm not sure I would need anything. Except the batteries would feel like they are dying when I drive.
25f here today! Not bad out. Will drop to 15f tonight but so far this winter we haven't had any really a$$ biting weather. A real cold snap here is a high of 0 and 10-20 below at night for a week or so. Had that 2 winters ago, the Crowns were a little, [OK, a lot] sluggish but never left me down. I made the effort to charge them more than once a day though.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 11:58 AM   #37
WC53
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Anything below 50 ;)
WC53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 01:13 PM   #38
DaveTM
Gone Wild

It’s a balmy 30 degrees right now in SW PA.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 11:30 AM   #39
FL3TCH L1V3S
Not Yet Wild

I was able to get a bit more information on when my Eco Battery pack is cutting out. It seems like around 25 degrees Fahrenheit at 90+ percent state of charge it will drop voltage to the point it shuts down under full throttle. Stock 2007 Precedent controller and motor on 19” tires.
FL3TCH L1V3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 02:29 PM   #40
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Get a heating pad and put it on your batteries. Then cover it with a blanket to keep the heat in. Plug it in when you see the temp is going to get below 30. Here's what I use. What I like about it is that it doesn't have an auto-shutoff.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car