lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2022, 04:06 PM   #11
Jovnsov
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2017 Club Car Gas EFI new Battery Idles but won’t Run

Will check this out. Thank you for the help on this. It’s an unknown on how long they have been sitting. I’m going to check all the fuel lines and try to clean the tank out best I can on these and put some fresh gas in them.
Jovnsov is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2022, 10:13 AM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Throw some sea foam in there as well.

Look at post 15 here for the part number https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...njector&page=2
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 02:45 PM   #13
Jovnsov
Not Yet Wild

Ok. Drained fuel and added some injector cleaner on one cart. Still idles, but only engages and runs the motor part of the time. I feather the butterfly in the governor and it runs, but as soon as I let off and activate pedal, it spits and sputters and acts like it’s running out of fuel. Took fuel line off from tank to motor and fuel runs out. It’s just odd that 2 carts are doing the same thing. Really acts like it’s not getting enough fuel. Sometimes it starts and kicks in and runs fine, but then seems like it is missing and then eventually dies. I pulled the plug and no cracks. I even checked the plug gap and put at what I found was the spec. Could it be the wrong plug or the wrong gap? Using NGK BPR4HS. Is it the type of plug? I’m stumped.
Old 12-29-2022, 06:57 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

These are EFI. Do you hear the fuel pump turn on? If you take the fuel line off the injector it should spray with some serious force. I don’t know the spec but I’d expect at least 40-50psi

Remove the fuel injector, hook it back up and crank the engine while spraying it into a jar. It should spray a fine mist. If it’s drippy or sprays in a stream the injector needs to be cleaned or replaced.

This is an easy test and will tell us if it’s a fuel problem or not.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 10:18 PM   #15
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I have dealt with a few more of these engines since I posted the fix and part number of the injector. What I am finding is the inlet on the injector is getting plugged with debris. You can remove the injector and clean it out with carb cleaner and maybe a pick to loosen the debris. As CP said, do a jug test to confirm the spray pattern. I think the injector has a removable filter at the inlet like most common injectors. The fuel pressure from the pump should be around 37 psi. So far, cleaning has solved all the carts I have worked on and I have only used two new injectors out of the pack of four I got from China. I wonder how many dealers have performed the 2000 dollar fix when all that was needed was a can of carb cleaner.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 10:46 PM   #16
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Back when I worked at Toyota we had a pressurized EFI cleaner that you plugged the can of this magical elixir into the fuel rail, disable the fuel pump and run the car off the can until the can runs out and the car shuts off. Take any car with over 150k miles and that stuff would do some amazing things… more power, smoother idle, easier starting, the works. It’s amazing what a little cleaner can do!
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 01:34 PM   #17
Jovnsov
Not Yet Wild

Thank you All. I will check all these things over the next couple days. I appreciate all of the suggestions.
Old 12-30-2022, 01:43 PM   #18
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
I have dealt with a few more of these engines since I posted the fix and part number of the injector. What I am finding is the inlet on the injector is getting plugged with debris. You can remove the injector and clean it out with carb cleaner and maybe a pick to loosen the debris. As CP said, do a jug test to confirm the spray pattern. I think the injector has a removable filter at the inlet like most common injectors. The fuel pressure from the pump should be around 37 psi. So far, cleaning has solved all the carts I have worked on and I have only used two new injectors out of the pack of four I got from China. I wonder how many dealers have performed the 2000 dollar fix when all that was needed was a can of carb cleaner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Back when I worked at Toyota we had a pressurized EFI cleaner that you plugged the can of this magical elixir into the fuel rail, disable the fuel pump and run the car off the can until the can runs out and the car shuts off. Take any car with over 150k miles and that stuff would do some amazing things… more power, smoother idle, easier starting, the works. It’s amazing what a little cleaner can do!

Believe it or not you can buy an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner and clean the injectors internally very well with it. I have one I used for this as well as cleaning industrial print heads on the equipment I work on for a living..
I know a guy that used to do that very thing with junk yard injectors and sell them as kits. I bought one like this that works well for entire carbs too.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/22436345400...Bk9SR_Sm0sWsYQ mines about 8 years old now.

Ive saved more than a couple print heads which typically sell for up to 6k a piece with it.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 12:28 PM   #19
Jovnsov
Not Yet Wild

OK I have pulled the tank and it appears that there is a bracket with a Phillips screw underneath that holds that injector in place where the main fuel line that comes from the tank feeds the injector. Not sure if they have that Loctite in or if it’s just being a bugger to get out but I’m wondering if anyone has any suggestions because it appears that that screw has to come out for the injector to come out.
Old 01-01-2023, 08:40 PM   #20
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

You might find it easier to remove the entire throttle body and do the screw removal on the bench. Just make sure not to damage any gaskets while doing so.

This might be useful!

http://golftechs.us/Manuals/Subaru%2...e%20Manual.pdf
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, efi, gas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car