lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2023, 05:54 PM   #21
SolarRat
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Any EZGO TXT experts out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msporter10 View Post
Yeah sorry I just realized one other critical thing. My SW202 is a 36 volt version with those diodes. I thought the SW202 was both 36 and 48 but just realized I have the 36 diodes. I am not sure that will solve my issue of the controller powering on but I just ordered the 48 volt version. What a rookie mistake....
I don't see how that would make a difference. Going from 36v to 48v actually reduces amperage. Diodes and resistors are can usually handle much higher voltages then we need. The 36v solenoids would still work, maybe or maybe not with a reduced lifespan. Either way, this shouldn't be your problem.

We can just cut to the chase here...put a jumper wire from your battery positive to the small red wire terminal on the solenoid. It should click. It doesn't get any easier than that.
SolarRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2023, 06:07 PM   #22
msporter10
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarRat View Post
I don't see how that would make a difference. Going from 36v to 48v actually reduces amperage. Diodes and resistors are can usually handle much higher voltages then we need. The 36v solenoids would still work, maybe or maybe not with a reduced lifespan. Either way, this shouldn't be your problem.

We can just cut to the chase here...put a jumper wire from your battery positive to the small red wire terminal on the solenoid. It should click. It doesn't get any easier than that.
Sorry work called and I wasn't able to work on it but finally got to last weekend. My solenoid was bad. Replaced it and now it runs amazing. Lithium upgrade is incredible. I'm only having one issue now and that is one side of my reversing contactor is getting so hot that a little bit of smoke is coming out of it. I have checked the connections multiple times and everything is tight and secure but it is still getting really hot on only one side of the lower side of the reversing contactor. It is very odd so I am not sure if maybe I got a bad unit.
msporter10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 09:11 AM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Use your multimeter to check and see if the HOT side of the contactor is engaging and disengaging with each stroke of the go pedal. Another test would be to measure the resistance between the small terminals with all wires and diodes removed. Post those results here.
Speaking of diodes ensure both diodes are installed in the right direction.

See your email.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo txt series
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO