lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #1
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Default 72 volts all with 6 volts?

Im gettin another ezgo 36v tommorow and if one of them craps out(more than the one already is), and finding a way to put all the batteries in, would the weight them make the extra volts useless?Also where could i fit all them batteries? Defintley would need to work on the brakes more. Make one hell of a runtime with all those 6 volt batteries.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: 72 volts all with 6 volts?

Your run time will not increase because you didn't double the Amp hours of the batteries...you doubled the voltage. You will run twice as fast but your run time will probly decrease because of the weight. I hope that didn't confuse you.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:31 PM   #3
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Where the heck are you going to put 12 batteries anyway?
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:11 PM   #4
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

He couyld always pull a trailer behind the cart.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:49 AM   #5
Nate
Gone Wild

I know how to get 10 GC size batteries into a cart but 12 is just a few too many to figure. In 6V GC batteries that would be 744 lbs for batteries alone, I would build an electric car if I were going to run that many 6V batteries.

Lets say a stock cart runs 15 MPH on 36V for 1 hour so your 72V car would run 28 MPH for 1 hour since the amp hours are the same. Extra speed and weight cut you back to just under double the speed for the same run time.

If you went 15 MPH on the 72V pack you would more than double your distance and run time since the higher voltage would draw fewer amps at 15 MPH speed.
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:26 PM   #6
MuayThai41
Gone Wild

A Trailer to hold more batteries! That'd be frickin awesome! And Roady..we"ve got the trailer to try with!
MuayThai41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:30 PM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

But you dont have enough motors!
Old 11-19-2007, 05:49 PM   #8
MuayThai41
Gone Wild

That's why you call me "The Wallet!!!!!!"

Jerk.
MuayThai41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:04 PM   #9
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

The problem with high volts is the motor blowing up right, is it the temp or the rpms that make them go bad?I was just thinking they run tubing around rc boat motors, and run water through the tubes to cool the motor,if you could do that with a golf cart motor and have a tank in the bagwell with some ice, maybe the motors would last longer.Just throwing some ideas around.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:39 PM   #10
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Its been OUR experiance its not the voltage that kills it (to a point) its the RPMs. I wont say volts alone will not kill a motor because I know it will, I'm just saying from mine and Muaythia's experiance its been RPM's. The RPM increase is a direct result of more voltage so I guess you could say yes...in a way. All kinds of other things come into play too....controllers, solenoids, cables, etc when playing with voltages other than stock.

I believe a low rpm torque motor with High Voltage seems to stay together longer. Example....You have a 2800 rpm motor on 36 volts.......now double your voltage (for simplicity) say its now a 5600 motor. Should be well below scatter rpm. (just sayin as an example)

Now take a 5000 rpm motor on 36 volts and then double your voltage...now your 10,000 rpms and probly gonna scatter the motor if you hold it to long at those rpm's...(if your lucky thats all you will tear up is the motor)

Keep in mind the fact that these motors were never designed to do this kind of stuff.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!