lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
Whiskyb
Not Yet Wild

Default 84 f/r switch wiring

A friend dropped off his 84 CC yesterday. It seems that if their is one in the driveway people think you should have more! Figuring that I need a few extra dollars for my batteries I agreed to look it over. He had changed and cleaned some of the cables. It now had no forward/reverse. I numbered the cables and made a little diagram of how everything came apart. He had not cleaned the switch so I started their. It still had no reverse upon assembly but appears to be wired differently than the diagram in the stickies.

Looking at my switch from the rear the right tab (@3:0:clock) goes to the bottom connector on the motor Going clockwise the next tab (@5:0:clock) goes to the POSITIVE terminal on the last battery in the pack. Next tab (@7:0:clock) also goes to the POSITIVE terminal of the last battery. On the movable puck right side is going to the top post on the motor and the left side goes to the far right solenoid in the pack

Batteries are charged, filled and reading good

Thanks again guys, hopefully i can return the favor someday as I learn more
Whiskyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2009, 10:04 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 84 f/r switch wiring

Send me 25% of whatever you get
Just Kidding..... I hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 80s CC F&R.jpg (58.2 KB, 28 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:13 AM   #3
Whiskyb
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Scottyb, from what I am looking at mine has been converted for full speed reverse so now that part makes sence. The right side terminal you have as S1 red and i your top notes state that S1 is Positive bat. Am I reading this correct as mine goes to the bottom connector on the motor. Something else that I cannot make out on the sticky diagram is the marking for each terminal on the motor.

Thanks again and asking for 25% might be a tad on the low side !
Old 11-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

S1 is the S1 motor connection ...... I would ignore that note for now... that cable connects from the F&R to the motor at S1
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
Whiskyb
Not Yet Wild

First solenoid in the group has a very loose terminal and burnt bakelite. Will have to wait for Monday before I can do anything further
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car