lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
ab8081
Not Yet Wild

Default 1980 36 volt clicks, won't move

Was rinding the other night, everything fine. Stopped to talk to some neighbors and when I went to leave, it would only click. Wouldn't move. I hadn't shut the key off nor did I move the forward/reverse lever.
It clicks 4 times when I depress the throttle slowly. I did replace the master solenoid just because a had a new one laying around. No different. I can definately feel the first 2 solenoids clicking. Can't really be sure the rest are. I tested them and they all have voltage going to them when I depress the throttle pedal. I tested the motor and I do have almost 36 volts going to one of the 4 posts on the motor. The post that has the wire from the last solenoid going to it. From there, I don't really know what I'm testing. Could the motor be bad? A few weeks ago the wire from the last solenoid to the motor broke off and I replaced it. I did notice that the terminal on the motor was real loose and I did have a problem disconnecting the wire from it. But it has run good several times since then. Could a wire have broken off inside the motor? Is there a way to test the motor? Any ideas?
Thank you.
AB
ab8081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1980 36 volt clicks, won't move

i would take the motor out and look at that loose stud i,ll bet thats your problem....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I hope that when you changed cable at motor that you used ( 2 ) wrenches so as not allow stud to spin breaking connections on inside? Otherwise it means pulling motor and possible motor shop repair required?
GOOD LUCK
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

one thing about those motors although heavy they arn,t bad to work on and all parts still around but it is something you can do yourself depending on if you broke something inside some of the parts arn,t cheap.................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car