lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #1
khb2
Not Yet Wild

Default low budget performance upgrades 95 clubcar ds

I have just purchased a 95 clubcar ds 48 volt system.my daughter and i are going to start a project and are looking to make up grades for speed.it is hers and she is 10 so nothing to radical.as an automotive tech i am mechanicly able just new to the golf cart scene.the cart is in very good condition and has been taken care of very well.not wanting to lift it as it will be a street cart.need some ideas and places to purchase items as well.can someone help us?
khb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2011, 08:30 PM   #2
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: low budget performance upgrades 95 clubcar ds

Welcome to BGW! low budget and performance upgrades should not be in the same sentence! Is your cart a Regen 1 (F/R toggle switch) or a series cart (F/R lever)? How old are the batteries and how fast does it go now? What are you looking for?
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
khb2
Not Yet Wild

Yea those words were incorrectly phrased!im going to say it is a lever type f/r.batteries are about 4 days old.interstate deep cycle 128mins at 56amps.not sure if they will hold up but got the shop discount.as far as speed im guessing around 15 to 17 mph roughly.just wanting semi mild keep in mind this is for a ten year old girl.....but i want to have fun too!
Old 10-14-2011, 10:56 PM   #4
lwalk1961
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My daughter is most impressed by the radio. Look for a radio/mp3 player overhead, some nice wheels, and maybe a dash cover. And if you don't have a rear seat get one. My kids love to haul their friends around the yard.
lwalk1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #5
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, if it has a lever f/r then its a series cart. If you can find a 36V series motor then that would be your coolest upgrade. That would push you up to 20-25mph.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #6
khb2
Not Yet Wild

We have upgraded the rear seat with a flip down.brighter head lights and a whole lot louder hhorn so far.we are going to upgrade wheels and tires very soon.i was thinking of 10 inch wheels and tires and change my rear leaf springs.and if all i need to do is get a 36v motor that would be perfect!do you think i should be able to go with a stock 36v motor?and thank u for all ur help.awsome site yall have here.its in my favorites saved now ans will stay there.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:58 AM   #7
Seastar
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2000.5 ds, series. Put 10 inch wheels and low profile tires on it. The rims are not offset, so no mods were needed. Also like the idea of a 36 volt motor if there is nothing else that has to be changed.
Seastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:25 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

In a series cart you can slap a 36v motor in there and boost speed and torque...... not a mod I would suggest for a 10 yr old driver, but a very economical one.
Make sure you have no wires coming front the tail of the motor before you proceed. This would indicate some type of regen or shunt wound motor. Not series.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clubcarguide.jpg (101.5 KB, 10 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #9
khb2
Not Yet Wild

I think my 10yo will be OK.looking at the types of retractable seat belts now.told her I was gonna put a 6 point harness in it!she said only if she could put a #48 on it.hah I think not.I say #29 &the wife says #88....we don't listen to her too much!anyways i do not have a harness on the motor only 4 posts.is the control bolted directly above the motor?it is a silver box?
Old 10-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #10
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Make them all happy by putting the number of the best pure driver out there, #14?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car