lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
gadawgsfan
Not Yet Wild

Default Chargers

I am buying a charger, The person selling them has two types, both are for the 48 volt yamaha cart that I have. One of them is a big silver charger and it says yamaha 48v on the front of it, the other one is black and it says DPI on the front of it. They are both used chargers and they both work fine.I am just not sure which of these are the better of the two.
Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanksn advance
gadawgsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Chargers

Both are "fully automatic" chargers. Both do a good job. The "Mac"/Yamaha on front is a fairly complicated unit to repair if needed. The DPI only has 3 parts-transformer/relay and circuit board, Did see some problems with the DPI, the dc cord male end contacts were crimped on rather then soldered on and could burn up/fail.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
gadawgsfan
Not Yet Wild

thank you for the response and your input. i will be buying it this weekend so i maybe i can get some more people to give their opinion as well. i do like the fact that the repair would be alot easier if something did go wrong.
thanks again
gadawgsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Go Dawgs!
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha