lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
hello
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Machining sheeve

I have a buddy that can machine my sheeve not sure how much to be machined off the sheeve and what side can be machined I have a g16 any help please

thanks
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #2
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Machining sheeve

Here's a link to CPP, one of our site sponsors. http://www.cartpartsplus.com/popup_i...64&x_pic_num=1 It shows what a driven sheave looks like after being cut. The material is removed from the inside of the clutch and I have no idea what the dimension is. Basically what you are doing is allowing the driven clutch sheaves to come closer together when at rest. This forces the belt to ride higher up on the driven clutch, making the diameter bigger and also making the effective "gear" lower. If you cut too much the belt could pop out. I'm sure there is a "right" amount to cut but don't know what it is. I suppose you could try to make yours look like the picture. GOOD LUCK. Hope this helps - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Machining sheeve

Some say machine to the seal on the bushing. I would take the other side of the clutch to him too, and a new belt. Machine it so the belt is around half way out of the sheave when pressed together. The cut on the sheave is around 1/2" wide when done, as I recall from the one I bought. I'm cutting mine but too busy at the shop to get it done yet. Also note the HD kevlar belt is wider and runs higher, I have one, will machine until that barely stays in there lol. Really the belt is only on top like that at rest and until 4mph or so. Also my sheave is not new its worn some so it might need a deeper cut.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha