lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #11
bsikes09
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo Passkey 48v

Gotcha, thanks!
bsikes09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2017, 01:47 PM   #12
Graygoose
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsikes09 View Post
Does anybody have any thoughts/suggestions on getting around using this key to unlock freedom? Has anyone reverse engineered one of these things? There can't be that much to them. I understand it is a physical device that the dealer has to pay for, but I would have thought that considering I just spent $1350 on a new controller with them, they would have cut me a break on the unlock.....not the case at all. I was thinking about renting the 1313 programmer and trying to do all of the tuning myself. Thanks in advance!!
Where you able to reverse engineer the pass key?
Graygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 05:43 PM   #13
ninershawn2418
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a used up pass
key
ninershawn2418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:20 PM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

The passkey contains a DeviceID that identifies it as a passkey. The controller requests the value of a memory location (register), and if there are uses left, the controller toggles Freedom Mode and a few other high level parameters, then locks them from being changed again. The passkey use register decrements once for each time that it is used. The code is not in the passkey itself, it is in the controller. If you can reset the register in the passkey, it can be reused.

I prefer to connect my programmer to the controller and just toggle freedom mode on, leaving the higher level parameters alone and unlocked. It requires the highest level of access, Development level, in order to toggle the Freedom Mode parameter.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:29 AM   #15
ninershawn2418
Gone Wild

Club Car

Bob I have Curtis hand held programmer any chance you could teach me how to toggle freedom mode ? willing to pay for it
ninershawn2418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:28 AM   #16
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninershawn2418;1426532[
Bob I have Curtis hand held programmer any chance you could teach me how to toggle freedom mode ? willing to pay for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
The passkey contains a DeviceID that identifies it as a passkey. The controller requests the value of a memory location (register), and if there are uses left, the controller toggles Freedom Mode and a few other high level parameters, then locks them from being changed again. The passkey use register decrements once for each time that it is used. The code is not in the passkey itself, it is in the controller. If you can reset the register in the passkey, it can be reused.

I prefer to connect my programmer to the controller and just toggle freedom mode on, leaving the higher level parameters alone and unlocked. It requires the highest level of access, Development level, in order to toggle the Freedom Mode parameter.

Bob
Bob isn't doing that on a Curtis handheld programmer. I believe it's done on a Curtis PC programmer in the Development level. Know way will you be able to get one.

Maybe Bob will chime in on this.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:40 AM   #17
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Its done using a modded version of 1314 PC based programmer. As far as I know a development level handset does not exist outside the confines of a Curtis facility.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:52 PM   #18
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quite correct. Only the Curtis factory is supposed to have Development Level programming capabilities. Companies like FSIP, which repairs Curtis controllers, does everything they do with specialized programming workstations that are loaded with Factory Level 2 software. Curtis leases these workstations to companies like this. I used to own one of those shops, with 3 of those Factory Level 2 programming workstations. I returned my leased programming workstations to Curtis and built my own programming workstation, which I upgraded to the highest level. At the time, I did not even know that there were 2 Factory levels. A few of the higher levels have 2 versions with a little difference in menus.

There are no programming handsets available with that access level.

For more info on Curtis Programming stations, read this thread...

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ontroller.html

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:36 PM   #19
JR_ECE
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
[/COLOR]

Bob isn't doing that on a Curtis handheld programmer. I believe it's done on a Curtis PC programmer in the Development level. Know way will you be able to get one.

Maybe Bob will chime in on this.
Hmm. So does it take development level to enable freedom mode, or can it be done with a passkey and handheld programmer? There seem to be conflicting opinions on this subject.

What am I missing?
JR_ECE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:40 PM   #20
Scoots
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes it can be done with the passkey and the programmer. The only way to not use a passkey, is have the developer level program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoots is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freedom mode, passkey, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO