lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2017, 08:21 AM   #21
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Winter upgrade to 48V

Good work on the upgrades! Be sure to keep the cart plugged into the DPI when not in use to take fully advantage of that float charge. Also, with your new USB batteries, be sure to check the water level after your next charge. The water in mine were just above the plates when I first got them. According to USB specs, the water should be 1/4" below the bottom of the fill wells (the end the extends into the battery cell). Info attached with illustration:

http://usbattery.com/info-center/care-and-maintenance/

http://usbattery.com/wp-content/uplo...816_small2.jpg
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2017, 09:31 AM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

@shaferz

A DCX controller does not RPM limit your motor and at 48V, you may have the ability to over-rev your motor. The max recommended RPM for most cart motors is in the neighborhood of 6500RPM or less.

Give me your actual tire height and I'll tell you what your cart speed is at 6500RPM.

Whatever you do, do not drive downhill with your foot on floor to see how fast your cart can go.
I know from per$onal experience that a DCX400 and an AMD motor can be taken out that way and I was only running 42V.

What is the model or part number of your motor. Mine was a stock PDS motor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:31 PM   #23
shaferz
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks @JohnnieB

In Canada for work this week, but I'll post up numbers when I get home Thursday night. Unfortunately, I am well aware of what happens when you over-rev. :-/ Here's the story of how I ended up with the AMD Motor... *cough* http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ller-well.html *cough*

The Motor is the AMD EV6-4001.
shaferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:51 AM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaferz View Post
Thanks @JohnnieB

In Canada for work this week, but I'll post up numbers when I get home Thursday night. Unfortunately, I am well aware of what happens when you over-rev. :-/ Here's the story of how I ended up with the AMD Motor... *cough* http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ller-well.html *cough*

The Motor is the AMD EV6-4001.
I was preaching to the choir.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:55 AM   #25
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I didn't think anyone remembered that expression anymore!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:59 PM   #26
shaferz
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
@shaferz

A DCX controller does not RPM limit your motor and at 48V, you may have the ability to over-rev your motor. The max recommended RPM for most cart motors is in the neighborhood of 6500RPM or less.

Give me your actual tire height and I'll tell you what your cart speed is at 6500RPM.

Whatever you do, do not drive downhill with your foot on floor to see how fast your cart can go.
I know from per$onal experience that a DCX400 and an AMD motor can be taken out that way and I was only running 42V.

What is the model or part number of your motor. Mine was a stock PDS motor.
Hey JohhnieB -

Motor is an AMD EV6-4001. Just measured tire height and it looks like right at 17.75 inches.

Whaddya think?
Old 04-01-2017, 08:17 AM   #27
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaferz View Post
Hey JohhnieB -

Motor is an AMD EV6-4001. Just measured tire height and it looks like right at 17.75 inches.

Whaddya think?
Other than not being a stock PDS motor, I'm not sure if a EV6-4001 is a high-speed, or standard-speed, or high-torque motor, but Motor RPM vs cart speed will be same for any motor type.

With 17.75" tall tires, 6500 RPM will be 27.6 MPH.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:27 PM   #28
shaferz
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Other than not being a stock PDS motor, I'm not sure if a EV6-4001 is a high-speed, or standard-speed, or high-torque motor, but Motor RPM vs cart speed will be same for any motor type.

With 17.75" tall tires, 6500 RPM will be 27.6 MPH.
Thanks for the info JohnnieB - when I bought the motor from Scotty, I think he said it was a 'higher speed' motor, but reviewing old emails, he also cautioned overrevving.

I guess for now, I'll keep my foot out of it, and reach out to PlumQuick? Wonder how much RPM some of those badboys can take? Their website is seriously lacking in information. :(
Old 07-24-2018, 09:01 PM   #29
shaferz
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Welp.... I am now getting some noise from the motor at anything over 15 miles per hour or so. With the cart on jack stands, I can slowly run the cart and feel the vibration/noise from the motor.

Need some help figuring out where to go here with a motor. Rarely ever went over 20mph because I was scared to chunk a motor and now this happens. Need to make a motor change and I’m not sure where to turn next. Being a 48v cart now, I would be happy to lose a little torque to give me some more room on the top end. 99% of driving is on flat ground.

All mods are in my signature.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:37 AM   #30
shaferz
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Email sent to Scotty. Per his website, it looks like the new thing is admiral motors as opposed to AMD?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO