lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2016, 09:54 AM   #1
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Plowman's still make limited slip differentials?

Well, Just as the title ask, does anyone know if Plowman's still makes a limited slip differential for the EZ-GO TXT cart? I ask because what I've read from previous post is Plowman's LTD slip appear to be made a bit beefier than EZ-GO's and Plowman's work in both forward AND reverse.

My current EZ-GO LTD Slip is "worn out" and not engaging in positive when I need it to do so. I've been running this cart for 7, going on 8 years now and it's done me very well. I do "ask" the cart to get me up places in the Pa. woods where hills are hills and mountains are mountains, but like any workhorse....they do grow old and worn.

So, anyone know? I've looked at Plowman's sight and can't find 'em there.....but then I don't think Plowman keeps his web sight as current as some. I believe a small shop like that probably devotes their energies to getting their work done and perhaps the web site isn't the top priority.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2016, 09:59 PM   #2
pastor@southwestbaptist.o
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Plowman's still make limited slip differentials?

Yes. I bought and installed one a few months back.

http://www.plowmanscarts.com/carts.c...1446759842&v=2
pastor@southwestbaptist.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:49 AM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastor@southwestbaptist.o View Post
Yes. I bought and installed one a few months back.

http://www.plowmanscarts.com/carts.c...1446759842&v=2
Thanks for the link. I must have clicked every link on his site BUT that one!!!
Old 10-22-2016, 08:31 PM   #4
timmyjane
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is this a self install? Description reads like you have to send in your diff and have them install it.
timmyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:47 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Dave i have been told that the rear carrier from an rxv is a limited slip and will bolt in. Ring gear will have to be changed but should work.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 02:23 PM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyjane View Post
Is this a self install? Description reads like you have to send in your diff and have them install it.
The way I read it is you can DYI it, or send in your "punkin" and let them do it. What ever strike's your fancy. I'm sure if you do the "send in" option, the price goes up. OTOH, I would also be confident the unit is installed right since they do this all the time.....and I've done it.....NEVER!!

But, my current plan is to have one installed after this hunting season (Which will end up being the end of Jan 2017) so I will call 'em and find out.

I will post when I have done this......Right now I have to much going on....I'm deer hunting, then there's deer hunting, and of course, deer hunting. So, when I'm feeling good enough to call 'em....it's like 8:00 at night.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:12 PM   #7
hkmp5s
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

In the description he says they machine the gears, wonder what thats about. I always thought after you got the gear set out of the pumpkin they were pretty much drop in.

Has anyone confirmed that this one works in reverse?
hkmp5s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 02:22 PM   #8
DaveTM
Gone Wild

If you click this link, -->>http://www.plowmanscarts.com/carts.c...1446759842&v=2 then scroll down the Plowman page just a little there is a video that shows a cart "burning rubber" in reverse. Click the small box in the lower left to bring the video to full screen and you will be better able to see it.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:09 PM   #9
pastor@southwestbaptist.o
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

You send in the differential gear assembly to them. They machine the flat surface of the two side gears so that the limited slip components fit in there real nice.

It works great on my cart. There is a big "step" to pull onto the concrete of my barn from the gravel driveway. Both rear tires spin out in the gravel as I go in if I take it slow. I cant wait to try it out plowing snow this winter.
pastor@southwestbaptist.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:28 AM   #10
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Well.....I just dropped off my cart at my nephew's place so he can pull the axle's and drop the rear end gears. A clean up of the existing oil on 'em so it won't "oil up" the shipping box and it will be off to Plowman's for him to do the machining and install of the LTD Slip.

My nephew will, using brake cleaner, then clean out all existing "gear oil" as Don Plowman will supply me with a synthetic oil to fill the differential up. The synthetic oil will prevent the clutch material from breaking down and allow the unit to work for a long time.

When I get it back I'll post some pics.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO