lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2018, 07:22 PM   #1
Rnmatt12
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation EzGo TXT 96 Ignition Switch Wiring Help!

Hi all, I’m new to this forum and this is my first post! LOL and I have been working with my two middle school boys on trying to redo a golf cart. We stripped it down to the metal and have rebuilt it piece by piece. Admittedly I’m a novice with anything related to golf carts, automobiles, or anything with a motor. Thought this would be a good project for us all to cut our teeth on.
The TXT we bought did not have wiring for lights or any accessories. It was a strict on off switch. We have since added lights, radio, more lights, an amplifier, speakers, oh and more lights! Because of all this we added an auxiliary 12v battery to power all of the “toys “. We purchased an aftermarket switch pictured, with the wiring diagram pictured. I understand from my research that the switch should operate two separate circuits the 36 V and 12 V to power the accessories. I pulled a 12 V line from the auxiliary battery and a line feeding all of the accessories. My question is, which terminal should the blue and green wire coming from the cart attached to on the switch, and which terminals should the new power in and new accessory line connect to?

I hope we are doing this right! It seems like independently the switch works fine with just the cart or just the auxiliary battery/accessories. My concern is that when I pulled the 36 V into the switch three terminals reflect 36 V. Is this right?

We definitely appreciate any help. Feels like the blind leading the blind here sometimes!
Rnmatt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2018, 02:13 PM   #2
DaWolfMan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EzGo TXT 96 Ignition Switch Wiring Help!

Hello,

From what i can tell by looking at your attached pictures you are not going to be able to do what you are wanting to do with this ignition switch directly. The reason being is that you are going to be feeding 36 volts to the switch from your battery bank and then back out of the switch to all three of the "switched posts" on the key switch, so if you try to run a 12 volt device off of it you will have issues due to the fact that you will be feeding it with 36 volts not 12 volts.

I think your best bet would be to install this keyed switch on your 36 volt side of the system, then run your 12 volt hot from your separate battery to a switch, or switches and then to your accessory devices you want to control. You can still make this a very nice and clean install but i dont see an easy way to do it with this ignition switch.

The only other option would be to put a voltage converter on the back of the switch to step the 36 volts down to 12 volts and then run your devices from that, but i would still recommend putting in switches for your individual devices unless you want the lights, radio, lights, amp, lights, speakers, and more lights to all come on together every time you turn the key to that position.

DaWolfMan
DaWolfMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO