lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2018, 11:20 PM   #1
Waterfowlwidowmaker
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Exclamation 2008 txt 36v TXT 6" lift

Hi all,

New to the forum here and sorry if this has been gone over before. I tried searching and didn't find anything.

I just purchased a 2008 TXT 36V cart. So far I have ordered a light kit to make it street legal, converter, rear seat, and heavy duty leafs. I plan on lifting this cart.

This cart will mostly be on pavement with little hills. This is for my family to go to the neighborhood pool and go to neighbors houses.

I have a set of 25x10x12 Bearclaws on 4x4 rims that will mount on this cart. I would love to be able to use these tires/rims so I don't have to purchase new ones. The rims have a 5/2 spacing to them. If I ordered a 5" drop axle or 6" spindle lift, would these fit under the cart?

Also will the cart with a stock motor be able to turn this size tire under the stated the conditions?

Thank you
Chris
Waterfowlwidowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2018, 05:00 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 txt 36v TXT 6" lift

The experts can tell you exactly what you need, but a 36v cart with stock controller and motor is not going to work very well, or last very long on that setup. If those tires are low pressure, it’s going to be even worse.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:45 AM   #3
TexTurbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Water....

You are going to be VERY disappointed with the power (lack of) and performance of a stock 36v with 25" s !!

With the added weight of the rear seat, lift kit and the tires, you will have almost no torque (acceleration) and will be overloading (for its short life) the controller. Those tires are more for off road.

I would suggest (from experience) a "read through" of builds of your type of cart to see what people have done, and had to re-do to get where there are now.....

You didn't mention if it was a series or sepex system, that also make a big difference is planning... go here...
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html

Another item from experience, many ATV rims that LOOK 4x4 bolt pattern are actually a METRIC 4x1XXmm and will wobble like crazy on a true 4x4" (golf cart).....

I am not trying to be the downer here, just trying to be of info...
TexTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM   #4
Waterfowlwidowmaker
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTurbo View Post
Water....

You are going to be VERY disappointed with the power (lack of) and performance of a stock 36v with 25" s !!

With the added weight of the rear seat, lift kit and the tires, you will have almost no torque (acceleration) and will be overloading (for its short life) the controller. Those tires are more for off road.

I would suggest (from experience) a "read through" of builds of your type of cart to see what people have done, and had to re-do to get where there are now.....

You didn't mention if it was a series or sepex system, that also make a big difference is planning... go here...
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html

Another item from experience, many ATV rims that LOOK 4x4 bolt pattern are actually a METRIC 4x1XXmm and will wobble like crazy on a true 4x4" (golf cart).....

I am not trying to be the downer here, just trying to be of info...
Thank you for the info. I was hoping the tires/rims would work out to save money. They are 4x4 like a golf cart rim. In another I actually used a txt front axle and the fit fine.

I might try to use the rims and sell the tires and get some smaller ones. I really don't want to install a new controller or motor after looking at prices on those. In all this cart will just be used to cruise my neighborhood and figured I should do it in style. But it's not worth basically stripping the whole cart out and starting over.

The cart is a Sepex style with PDS
If I can get a picture to attach from my phone, I'll post a pick of the tires and rims in question.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171129_140303.jpg (301.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20171128_202643.jpg (157.8 KB, 0 views)
Waterfowlwidowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO