lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2018, 07:25 PM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2015 ezgo txt only 8mph?

From his description of the issue, it sounds like it is Profile 2 with the speed set to the 8 MPH max. With a handset, it can be set to profile 4 and 14 MPH. A passkey will get you to profile 5 and 17.5 MPH, then it can be turned up to 19.5 MPH with a handset.

With my programming station, we can quadruple the accel rate and take it to 21/22 MPH. If you want more than that, buy an Alltrax controller and you have a lot more options!
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2018, 01:39 PM   #12
wdogg311
Not Yet Wild

Ok, so i measured each battery and they were all at 8.4. The pack was 50.9 after being unplugged all night. The pack ran at about 49.9 while driving on flat ground and dropped to 46.3 while going up a hill, all with 4 passengers. After the hill, it immediately went back to 49.9
wdogg311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:52 PM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdogg311 View Post
Ok, so i measured each battery and they were all at 8.4. The pack was 50.9 after being unplugged all night. The pack ran at about 49.9 while driving on flat ground and dropped to 46.3 while going up a hill, all with 4 passengers. After the hill, it immediately went back to 49.9
So not a battery issue... Your cart is in need of some programming to speed it up.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #14
wdogg311
Not Yet Wild

That's what i figured, but at least I know the batteries are good. So now to find a programmer. Any ideas on where to start? Thanks
Old 08-17-2018, 02:32 PM   #15
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdogg311 View Post
That's what i figured, but at least I know the batteries are good. So now to find a programmer. Any ideas on where to start? Thanks
I use a laptop running programming station software. It requires a lot of experience to know what information in the controller needs to be changed.

Increasing speed with a handset is easier, but it does not allow the performance to be cranked up to the same level.

Using a passkey in conjuction with a handset can give you a higher top end, but it cuts back on the performance in the process. So it's a tradeoff. To undo that change requires an advanced level programming station like I use.

I don't charge for the reprogramming that I do, but it requires removing the controller and mailing it to me, and paying for return postage for it to be mailed back.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:26 PM   #16
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I use a laptop running programming station software. It requires a lot of experience to know what information in the controller needs to be changed.

Increasing speed with a handset is easier, but it does not allow the performance to be cranked up to the same level.

Using a passkey in conjuction with a handset can give you a higher top end, but it cuts back on the performance in the process. So it's a tradeoff. To undo that change requires an advanced level programming station like I use.

I don't charge for the reprogramming that I do, but it requires removing the controller and mailing it to me, and paying for return postage for it to be mailed back.
Wdogg, that’s an incredible service Bob provides, at an even more incredible price.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:33 PM   #17
wdogg311
Not Yet Wild

Bob- that sounds amazing. I really appreciate it. So I would just need to send the controller, right?
Old 08-17-2018, 04:42 PM   #18
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I would hate to see the shipping on the cart.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:44 PM   #19
wdogg311
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I would hate to see the shipping on the cart.
LOL, no kidding right. No, I meant the controller only, no additional wires etc
Old 08-17-2018, 10:24 PM   #20
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

No, just the controller. The least expensive way to mail it is to wrap it in packing material and place it into a 11" X 8.5" X 5.5" ID Medium Flat Rate, Priority Mail box. The postal fee is $13.65 each way. Include a filled out return address label and return postage. Also include a note with what you want done and a contact phone number in case I have any questions, because I get a lot of controllers sent to me for testing or reprogramming. I sent you a PM with the address to mail it to.

Bob
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO