lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2018, 07:02 PM   #1
tpmx
Not Yet Wild

Default 1992 EZGO Electric Cart

Hello All,
Im new to this site and new to golf carts all together
We have been longtime campers and decided to get a cart
We didnt want to spend alot so we found a nice used 1992 EZGO that had what appears to be an easy life
Only problem was the charger wouldnt work
After a lot of searching the net and checking with a meter I found the relay on the pc board was bad
I have just jumped it out for the few hours to get it to charge and test drove it around the yard some
All seems good and its actually a nice smooth cart
What I am unsure of is what model it is
It has a 25 on each side in a chrome emblem but I dont read anywhere that it was a model 25,not sure what it would be.
I am hoping someone can tell me what model it would be
Also I am looking to put a lift kit on it and some nice wheels
I am mostly seeing 1998 and up carts listed for lift kits
What lift kit would fit our cart?
I also have to watch to not lift it too much that it wont fit in out Grand Design
Momentum toy hauler,I have no idea how much lift and what size tires to use to still clear the doorway
Any help you guys can give would be a big help and greatly appreciated
Thanks to all
tpmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2018, 04:05 PM   #2
tpmx
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1992 EZGO Electric Cart

Ok,I figured it out to be a 1993 Marathon
Not sure what the Emblem on each side that has
EZGO
On it is all about
I did figure the charger out,the relay on the pc board was bad so I ordered a new board for it
For now I jumped out the relay to get it charging
We took the cart with us camping this weekend and it ran fine,getting it in and out of the toy hauler was easier then I expected
The new lift kit and wheels and tires arrived while we were gone so tomorrow night I will start on the lift kit
tpmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:21 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1992 EZGO Electric Cart

Hello....the number on the side is most likely from a golf course or a neighborhood where they register their carts or something along those lines...…

oh and btw...… Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives’, husbands, girlfriend’s and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO