lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2018, 12:50 PM   #11
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Voltage reducer with fuse box mounting locations for 08 txt PDS

OK. I see now.
Fegarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2018, 12:55 PM   #12
Waterfowlwidowmaker
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
It just looks that way. Nukes 2 red and one yellow are coming off of his fuse block, each with their own fuse. The green wire looks like it’s the 12v out of reducer supplying the fuse block. I’m not at my cart, but I think nuke and I have the same one. It’s not as bi as it looks in my photo.

Waterfowl, I’d be interested in seeing pics of your reducer and fuse block.
Orange give me a bit. My new controller showed up today, so I will be working on figuring out that install this weekend. I'm hoping it's pretty simple and plug&play. Then I'll work on converter,fuse box, relay panel I'm going to make. I'm thinking at this point I'm going to fab up an easy access panel for all that.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Waterfowlwidowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:29 PM   #13
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterfowlwidowmaker View Post
Orange give me a bit. My new controller showed up today, so I will be working on figuring out that install this weekend. I'm hoping it's pretty simple and plug&play. Then I'll work on converter,fuse box, relay panel I'm going to make. I'm thinking at this point I'm going to fab up an easy access panel for all that.

Sounds good, and good luck with your install. If you got your new controller from Scotty, I’d suggest following his diagram instead of the one in the alltrax manual. (Assuming you got an alltrax) I’m not sure how it is with a pds, but the wiring to my original controller was different than what was shown for the alltrax. It comes up often on here confusing those of us that are doing it for the first time. Just follow the directions and you’ll be good. Again, assuming we’re talking about an alltrax and Scottyb.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:38 PM   #14
Waterfowlwidowmaker
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Sounds good, and good luck with your install. If you got your new controller from Scotty, I’d suggest following his diagram instead of the one in the alltrax manual. (Assuming you got an alltrax) I’m not sure how it is with a pds, but the wiring to my original controller was different than what was shown for the alltrax. It comes up often on here confusing those of us that are doing it for the first time. Just follow the directions and you’ll be good. Again, assuming we’re talking about an alltrax and Scottyb.
I'm not sure about that [emoji6].

Scotty if you ever read this, your shops street name has the best name for a business! And thank you for emailing back and forth a million times with me answering my stupid questions.

Old 09-08-2018, 02:31 PM   #15
Waterfowlwidowmaker
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Just finished mounting the controller... what a pain in the butt that was!!

Old 09-08-2018, 04:03 PM   #16
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterfowlwidowmaker View Post
Just finished mounting the controller... what a pain in the butt that was!!

That’s good. So, it’s running?
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 04:15 PM   #17
Waterfowlwidowmaker
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
That’s good. So, it’s running?
Yes, but I really haven't had a chance to really drive it to see if my issue is fixed. It's raining all day.

Old 09-10-2018, 07:49 AM   #18
MPrimeaux
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
If you’re asking about mine, it’s 30 amps. I think where you put yours is a great spot, as long as it doesn’t get too warm in there. I’ve got a bunch of switches on my dash, so I’ve got a mess of relays and another busbar in that spot.
Time will tell I guess....
MPrimeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:34 AM   #19
hyper1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=Waterfowlwidowmaker;1538815]Here we go again! I searched before posting as I didn't find what information I was looking for. I have an 08 TXT 36v PDS cart. I forgot when I made my first large bulk purchase of parts that I had ordered a voltage reducer that was on B.O. and it showed up today.

The wiring is pretty straight forward and simple. Reading the instructions of the reducer, it says to mount it to metal since it gets pretty warm.

The most obvious location to me is directly under the drivers side of the seat as their is a big open location. I will be mounting my converter along with a fuse panel. It doesn't look like it would be a great idea mounting the components directly to the floor pan as they could get wet/dirty.

I'm looking for ideas on how you guys mounted your setups in your carts.

The first thing that popped into my head was mounting them inside a .50cal metal ammo can with no lid so they get air flow to cool. I would then bolt it down to the floor pan of the cart.

I do have a welder and some fabrication tools.

Please post your ideas or installs so I don't over think this.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Hate to keep posting these pics, but if you have a ebay 20amp like I do this is what I did. I put a on off switch in the ground going to the reducer under the seat. I can shut it off when not in use which is 90% of the time. Also mounted it under the seat in the space on the drivers side. See pics.

works great....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Inked20180504_191218_resized_LI.jpg (94.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Inked20180504_191208_resized_LI.jpg (1.85 MB, 0 views)
hyper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO