lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2018, 02:01 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charger question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchal3377 View Post
When I wires up the ble line you are talking about to the blue key switch wire ( where the old red and white wire went) I got all kinds of weird readings on the dvm. Ended up wiring the key switch wire straight to pack positive. It works, but I know it's not right

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
The blue wire output from the 48V triangular receptacle serves the same function as the reed switch didn't in the original 36V receptacle, it disables the cart when the charger is plugged in. Connecting the original wire to B+ simply bypasses that function and the cart will run with or without the charger plugged in. Many 48V cart owners do that instead of replacing the entire receptacle when only that part of it fails.

If driving away with charger plugged in is an issue, loop the charger cable through the steering wheel to remind people to unplug it.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2018, 04:53 PM   #12
jchal3377
Getting Wild

Default Re: Charger question

Yeah, I'm good with it for now, but I wonder why I was getting like a 70v reading on the dash meter. when I put a dmv on that charger wire and read to the pack neg. I got pack voltage. Hooked up that same charger wire to the key switch wire, and the dash meter goes nuts, and solenoid won't click. Strange. But right now it's in the "I'll mess with it later" file haha

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
jchal3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO