lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2018, 10:08 AM   #1
92marathon
Not Yet Wild

Default 92 marathon no go/erratic go

Hey guys. been reading around here for a bit but first post. have a couple questions about our 1992 ezgo marathon.

i replaced all batteries on it and got no movement, replaced solenoid still no movement. press pedal down and can hear the solenoid click. so went to garage other day and tried it again and after several pedal movements by chance it took off slowly.. but after say 2 to 3 mins of riding it around if you barely move the pedal from a dead stop it takes off like full throttle , will throw gravel lol.. switch to reverse and still to full throttle if barely moving pedal.

so i done some reading on here and google , found out how to check the pot box. checked it several times last night, it seems to check good 0 ohms at dead pedal- 5275 ohms at full pedal. if i read right my problem would be the speed controller ? anything to check out b4 replacing it ?
any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks
92marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2018, 10:16 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 92 marathon no go/erratic go

The throttle signal is still suspect. Pull the throttle wires off of the controller and plug the ohm meter into the wire ends. While watching the meter. operate the throttle MANY times and especially in the low end where you got high speed. Play around with the pedal watching for the signal to do anything stupid. The problem could be moisture in the pot or just wear.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:26 PM   #3
92marathon
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 92 marathon no go/erratic go

i checked it again with same results altho i did notice that it still shows o ohms even after the microswitch breaks over. once the lever on the pot box moves @ 1 inch then the ohms start to climb up but not erradically.
92marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO