lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2018, 07:17 PM   #11
Park1200
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO 08/ TXTPDS Slow speed and no go

Still throwing code:

2-1 Low Battery Voltage

Batteries are: Duracell GC2
Park1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2018, 10:55 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

As I mentioned in post#7, the stock (85A) solenoid is marginal for a cart stock 300A PDS controller, but I didn't complete the thought, that being, and with stock height (18") tires.

In a nutshell, neither a completely stock series drive or PDS cart draws more than 85A for very long during the golf course operation they are designed for and an 85A solenoid will typically outlast a new cart's warranty period, so using the less expensive 85A solenoid and having to replace the ones that fail during the warranty period is more cost effective than installing a more robust solenoid in all the carts coming off the assembly line.

A golf cart is designed to carry two golfers, their golf clubs and other golfing necessities over the groomed trails of a golf course for a minimum of five or six miles in 200 to 300 yard increments with ten minutes or more rest between increments, on a single battery charge. When new, or in new condition, most golf carts will have two or three times that range (IE: 12 to 18 Miles)

If you want to use the cart for purposes that are outside the above parameters, the cart needs to be upgrade top meet the that purpose.

By installing 22" tires, the cart is being operated outside its design and needs to be upgraded. The motor is turning 22% slower and the available torque were rubber meets road has been reduced by 18%, so the motor draws more amps for a longer period of time and the stock 85A solenoid is inadequate.

The stock PDS controller is also being overworked and doesn't last very long with taller than stock tires.

-----------
The resistor is not need for operation, but the solenoid contacts last longer when one is installed.

The diode is not need for a stock PDS controller since it has an internal diode between the yellow and blue wires, but having one installed on the solenoid coil doesn't hurt.

--------------
If you have full battery pack voltage on J1 Pin-4, J1 Pin-5 and between the controllers B- and B+ terminals while you are getting a 2-1 error code (low battery), then the controller is on its way out.

With the 22" tires, replace it with an Alltrax XCT48400-PDS (or larger) and a 200A (or larger) solenoid. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-sr-series--.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:07 PM   #13
Park1200
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ordered
Park1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:26 AM   #14
Portdawg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

johnnieb. I have the same issue as Park. How difficult is the installation of the Alltrax controller? I can't find a good video to help me along. Is it pretty much plug and play or is there a lot of wire modification?
Portdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 12:13 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portdawg View Post
johnnieb. I have the same issue as Park. How difficult is the installation of the Alltrax controller? I can't find a good video to help me along. Is it pretty much plug and play or is there a lot of wire modification?
The only wire modifications is cutting off the push-on spade terminals on the controller end of the F1 & F2 cables and crimping on ring terminals. Other than that, it is pretty much plug and play.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2008 ez-go txt pds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO