lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2018, 09:06 AM   #1
wbhess
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Alltrax xct500 Questions

My cart has been dead for a couple weeks now. Batteries are charged (at least 37.5v), getting pack voltage at the two large studs on top of the controller. Controller is bilnking 5 green lights with no warning or fault codes under the monitor page with the tool kit. The only thing its showing is that the KSI is off. I thought maybe I had a faulty switch and bought an identical replacement. I installed the new and not sure I hooked it up right way. It's a 4 pin and my lights are hooked up to it. There are two wires connected to the on female connector (black and white/yellow), two red wires (lights), and a white wire. On my key switch there is a B, I, B1, and L with a "6" in the middle of the L, I, and B1 terminals. This cart had been bugging the crap out of me..it's a $5k rolling paper weight. Its been haunting me in my dreams. Literally, last night, I had a dream that I had the key switch hooked up wrong and moved some wires around. The cart instantly came to life..I just about cried when I realized it was a dream.

Background:
Issue started when I was camping. Drove the cart around for 25 mins on flat ground the first morning and went to the beach for a few hours. Several hours later, went to take the kids fishing and the cart was dead. The lights would come on, as well as the reverse buzzer (if in Reverse) and both would immediately go out when the pedal is pressed and the cart would not budge. This went on all day until the neither the buzzer or lights would come on. I loaded the cart up and on my way home, I dropped it off at my local golf cart shop.
Two days later, the shop called me and said the controller was bad. They wouldnt tell me the test they did to determine it, nor did they even hook it up to the alltrax toolkit to trouble shoot. Since, I didnt purchase the controller directly from them, they said they cant do anything about the warranty and it is all up to me.

I'm finding it hard to believe that my controller is bad considering:
-5 green blinks when hooked up to the toolkit
-No warning or fault codes showing on the monitor page
-Cart still beeps when rolling if in run (not sure if that matters)
-Controller is has only been installed in my cart for 3 months
wbhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2018, 09:48 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Alltrax xct500 Questions

Controller has nothing to do with the lights. You have a bad cable somewhere. Key switch can be tested by flipping the cart to run, remove the J1 plug from the controller, put your dvm on continuity and put a lead in pin 8 and pin 9. Look at the diagram to make sure you have the correct ones. Key off, no continuity, key on should. After you have done that. Put the cart on jack stands, put it in F, key on, pedal pressed enough to get the floor switch to activate. If it is still dead start checking for voltages.

Also, have you tried the tug test? Flip it to Tow and tug on each of the heavy cables. May have a bad connection under the shrink wrap.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:07 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There is the keyswitch hook up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Digital-Meter-Ezgo.jpg (139.3 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:18 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

What make/model/year is your cart?

The 5 green blinks says the XCT is set to a Yamaha 0-1K throttle throttle.

If it is an EZGO with a DCS, PDS or TXT48 drive and had been running, it would appear that your local golf cart shop did connect a computer to the XCT and did make some changes, so every user programmable setting is now suspect.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 01:48 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The correct ITS throttle setting will blink 4 green at start up. Then it should go solid green.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO