lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2018, 12:06 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1995 Ezgo F/R Switch

Page I-2 in the attached parts manual has an exploded drawing of that type of F/R switch, but I cannot see how it is held together.

The only thing I can think of is tugging forward on the selector knob and it might come off, revealing a nut the can be unscrewed. This is the way some analog volume and other control knobs hide the nut that held potentiometers in place.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 94-95 Medalist Elec and Gas parts.pdf (17.32 MB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2018, 12:40 PM   #12
binder49
Gone Wild

Thanks for the help
binder49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 05:14 PM   #13
binder49
Gone Wild

If I wanted to upgrade the controller to an alltrax 400amp with the system I have. Could anyone tell me what I would need. I already have 2ga cables. Just haven't installed them yet. Or would the stock controller and motor work with 20" tires
Old 10-28-2018, 05:15 PM   #14
binder49
Gone Wild

My motor does not have speed sensor wires out the back
Old 10-28-2018, 06:47 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by binder49 View Post
If I wanted to upgrade the controller to an alltrax 400amp with the system I have. Could anyone tell me what I would need. I already have 2ga cables. Just haven't installed them yet. Or would the stock controller and motor work with 20" tires
Quote:
Originally Posted by binder49 View Post
My motor does not have speed sensor wires out the back
The DCS was EZGO's first attempt at a SepEx (Separately Excited) drive system and there were some design issues. The controller (Curtis 1206SX) had no under voltage protection and all it takes to kill one is running the battery pack too low. No speed sensor was another oversight.

The Alltrax XCT48x00-DCS controllers are designed to operate without a speed sensor. (FWIW: The XCT's that are designed for drive system that have a speed sensor are dogs when no speed sensor is connected.)

The stock DCS motor has a lot of torque and is durable enough to turn 20" tires.

Get a MZJ400A solenoid. It operates at 36V, 42V and 48V and will not have to be replace if you decide to up the battery pack voltage for better performance at some future date.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 05:48 PM   #16
binder49
Gone Wild

Just ordered an Alltrax XCT400DCS with the solenoid and fan upgrade. Scottyb was a huge help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO