lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2018, 08:05 PM   #1
RacermanFL
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV Lift Question

Hey guys, been a lurker but just got a cart. I picked up a 15 RXV coming off lease with 1 year old batteries. Looking forward to building it up with my young sons and having a fun cart to pal around on. Will be entirely neighborhood type stuff both on and off road. My 8 year old wants knobby tires so I told him I would make it happen.

My question is rather two fold, right now it will only run about 15mph. I would love to have the ability to go at least 25 or so, but the more I read, the more leery I am of installing the MJ 6” lift that’s on the way. Is it too much for the already taller RXV ??? Would a 3” spindle lift be a better route ??? Starting to freak out as I want a safe stable cart.

Appreciate any responses, I have combed through the forum using search and it seems the concensus is that 6” it too high.

Would love to hear from folks that know first hand

Thanks

Eric
RacermanFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2018, 09:03 PM   #2
Scoots
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Lift Question

I would only do a 3” lift, you will still be able to put knobby tire on it
Scoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:16 PM   #3
RacermanFL
Not Yet Wild

Who makes a 3” lift ? I can’t find a RHOX or Jakes that is compatible a 2015. I think 3” would be perfect as well, just can’t figure out who makes it. .. ?
Old 11-07-2018, 12:08 AM   #4
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

I have done 6" lifts twice. One kit by steeleng was junk and was taken off right away, the other by Madjax was way better. Turning radius is reduced with the Madjax but the stance and ride is way better. I run 33mph and the steering starts to get a little loose, but down at 25mph no problems.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
agpfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:03 AM   #5
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacermanFL View Post
Hey guys, been a lurker but just got a cart. I picked up a 15 RXV coming off lease with 1 year old batteries. Looking forward to building it up with my young sons and having a fun cart to pal around on. Will be entirely neighborhood type stuff both on and off road. My 8 year old wants knobby tires so I told him I would make it happen.

My question is rather two fold, right now it will only run about 15mph. I would love to have the ability to go at least 25 or so, but the more I read, the more leery I am of installing the MJ 6” lift that’s on the way. Is it too much for the already taller RXV ??? Would a 3” spindle lift be a better route ??? Starting to freak out as I want a safe stable cart.

Appreciate any responses, I have combed through the forum using search and it seems the concensus is that 6” it too high.

Would love to hear from folks that know first hand

Thanks

Eric
I have found stability to be an issue with lifted RXV's going 20+ MPH

I would put 20.5" tires on it and forgo the lift all together.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:59 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I have made many Rxv go over 30mph, and over 40 (that's not for everyone). First thing to do after getting the lift installed is get the toe setting back to zero before even taking it out for it's first run. After that you will need to try some settings to find the perfect spot. If you just install the lift kit and go for a ride, you will hate it (because the alignment will be scary if not adjusted). You might find that just a little "toe out" is better for you. You need to research how to set this toe setting with your kit before you ever install any lift kit. So you know how to adjust it, and have an even zero to start from.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:13 AM   #7
jaydoc1975
Not Yet Wild

I just installed a 3" Jake's spindle lift on my 2016 RXV this past weekend. With 22" AT tires it runs at 17mph. I'm not sure that I would want it to go any faster than that with my son behind the wheel. Looks great and has an aggressive stance. I'm not sure why the pic is showing up sideways??? Sorry!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2uTb+c0RQ4CsR7n8JdiMUg.jpg (161.6 KB, 0 views)
jaydoc1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:20 AM   #8
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

I like the 3" Jakes spindle lift on the RXV's. 23" tires are no issue with plenty of clearance. 26 mph top speed with zero handling issues when properly aligned. It also has a much better turning radius that the A-Arm lifts.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:36 AM   #9
RacermanFL
Not Yet Wild

Super cool looking cart, love the wheels! Thanks! Might have to do some more research on the Jakes 3”.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:44 AM   #10
RacermanFL
Not Yet Wild

Any issues with being able to adjust toe/camber on he spindle lifts? It can still be done correct? The MJ seemed pretty easy with the heim joints.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO