lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2018, 11:33 AM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 EZGO RXV Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingarmy View Post
So I checked the voltage on the SOC and was only getting 2.2V with 51.2V on the power pack, the orange wire coming off the controller was -17.somethingV. As BobBoyce and cgtech stated I fried my controller. I ordered one of the Danaher to Curtis conversion kits from usgicollector last night and will change it out this weekend. I also separated my 12V system completely so that it doesn't even come close to touching anything on the 48V system. (Lesson learned). Been looking through the install instructions and its pretty straight forward.

A few quick questions:

1. If on the encoders/sensors are bad form the controller frying will hooking up the new controller with defective encoders/sensors cause any issues? I can't troubleshoot those with out a live circuit.

2. Is there anything salvageable from the old controller, DRM, Resistor, Solenoid that I can pass on to another member that needs that part?
If the encoders are bad, they just won't pass the powerup testing. I've seen them on eBay for under $50 each. If your location of PTC in GA means Peachtree City, I think you're just a couple of hours south of me. I should be able to help you with running diagnostics after you get the kit installed if you have any issues.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2018, 11:46 AM   #12
Flyingarmy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Bob...PTC does mean Peachtree City. The assistance you have already given me is invaluable and I would greatly appreciate any, if needed, once this conversion is added. Thanks!
Flyingarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:01 PM   #13
rngilliland
Gone Wild

The instructions for the conversion kit tell you to splice into a gray or white wire that runs to the brake. Make sure you splice into the correct wire. My harness had more than one white wire. There is a thread about someone splicing into the wrong wire and messing up their new controller. The correct one runs back to the brake connector.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:18 PM   #14
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
If the encoders are bad, they just won't pass the powerup testing. I've seen them on eBay for under $50 each. If your location of PTC in GA means Peachtree City, I think you're just a couple of hours south of me. I should be able to help you with running diagnostics after you get the kit installed if you have any issues.

Bob
Bob, If you're are contemplating coming down to Peachtree City sometime I would sure like to know about it. I have a Curtis RXV begging to go faster than freedom mode.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:35 PM   #15
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

*** looks like another road trip for Bob. I sure hope he don't have to tow another golf cart home.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:58 PM   #16
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Bob, If you're are contemplating coming down to Peachtree City sometime I would sure like to know about it. I have a Curtis RXV begging to go faster than freedom mode.
Sounds good to me...

It is now snowing here!
Old 11-15-2018, 09:33 PM   #17
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Maybe wait 'till early spring or at least nice weather. 100+ miles of dedicated cart paths here. We could take a tour while you're here. Lake, bridges, tunnels.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 06:00 PM   #18
Flyingarmy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Received the conversion kit from usgicollector today. Tomorrow I will install it and fingers crossed there is nothing else fried. Any suggestions/lessoned learned form those that have done this conversion?
Flyingarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 06:23 PM   #19
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingarmy View Post
Received the conversion kit from usgicollector today. Tomorrow I will install it and fingers crossed there is nothing else fried. Any suggestions/lessoned learned form those that have done this conversion?
Yes, make sure to follow the instructions to identify the correct wires to cut and splice to. The conversions white wire connects to the light (white or grey) colored wire that comes from the motor brake connector, and the conversions orange wire connects to the orange wire that comes from the motor speed encoder. You can use your multimeter to verify continuity from that color wire of each of those connectors to the wires that need to be cut to be sure.

Bob
Old 11-18-2018, 05:32 PM   #20
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
I will be heading that way in the morning. PM me your contact info... Anyone else in Peachtree City interested?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO