lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2018, 07:49 AM   #11
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Dual solenoids on a 1986 ezgo 36v

You may find that the field shorting solenoid is activated by the speed control when in its fast position to save switching it manually or being activated when not running at full speed. This was a common mod back in the day. It is not generally accepted as a safe speed mod these days.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2018, 11:38 PM   #12
Deadheaddave
Not Yet Wild

What would it take to change my cart to this

setup
Deadheaddave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:06 AM   #13
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

What that would take is the controller itself and the throttle potentiometer set up. I've got an 87 Marathon 36V that is totally stock right now, but I've thought about that same update. I've intermittently wired in a 7th battery to make it 42 volts. Great boost in power, but seemed to take it's toll on the throttle wiper. Your immediate problem with the current constantly flowing almost has to be a stuck solenoid. Even with batteries disconnected you should be able to check for continuity across the big posts. I agree with everyone else that the solenoid back by the motor has to be for field shorting and should probably be taken out anyway.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dual solenoids
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO