lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2018, 10:34 PM   #11
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to me 2010 TXT48. What would you do to it?

Getting her all cleaned up!

Por 15 worked really well for me on a few spots where I wasn’t able to get all of the rust off.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2018, 11:10 PM   #12
Webber67
Not Yet Wild

I finally got into tearing everything down last week and made decisions on what I wanted for this cart.

As of now the cart has been torn down to the frame and power washed twice with greased lightning. The frame has been sanded, primed and painted with black epoxy paint. Looks almost new again.

The body was removed of all stickers, sanded with 400, adhesion promoter applied, primed and painted OD green with 3 coats of matte clear coat. I couldn't be happier with how the body turned out. It turned out great. I'm really liking the color as I haven't seen many done this way.

I got busy and didn't take more pictures but will take some when I get back over to the shop.

I've been busy ordering parts this week and just about everything has arrived but still waiting on a few items that will be here Monday. When everything arrives, I'll start putting it all together. Here is a list of the items that I have purchased and hopefully we will be rolling mid next week.

1. Alltrax XCT 500 package with B2 motor including HD Sol., 2ga. wire kit and FNKS option from Scotty

2. 22in. Sahara tires on 12" black steel wheels.

3. 4" drop axle with spindles lift from ALL Sports Mfg.

4. Rear fold down seat (tan) with HD rear springs.

5. Fender Flares, Jakes brushguard, clays basket.

6. 6 brand new 8V U.S. Battery US8VGC XC2's mounted on a brand new battery rack (the original had seen the end of it's life.)

The end result will be a 2010 EZGO TXT completely refurbished with an OD green body matte finish. The seats and top will remain tan. All of the accessories will be black in color.

I contemplated buying one done by a dealer or buying a new Beast cart. Both results were going to be pretty pricey to get what I wanted so I chose chose the hardest route possible with a side of tetanus to go along with it.

I was a little overwhelmed in the beginning with the time consuming process of refurbishing the frame and unsure of how the paint was going to turn out but I'm looking downhill now with the fun part of putting it all together.

I will try to document as best I can with as many photos as I can...

I am pretty good with electrical as I've rewired a few boats and had a small career stint with aircraft electronics in the Air Force but the wiring of the new controller has me a bit puzzled as of now. I haven't started on it yet but reading over some of the instructions leaves me a little confused. Any advice, expert knowledge and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...
Webber67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:00 AM   #13
Binski
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Psyched to see the updates.
Binski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:05 AM   #14
Sideways
Gone Wild

Sounds like you are off to a great start!
Looking forward to seeing the work in progress
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:57 AM   #15
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The controller should be easy compared to the rest of what you've done!

The Alltrax XCT was basically plug-and-play. When you get it in you'll need to change the field mapping to match your new motor, unless ScottyB has already installed that map for you in your kit.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:23 PM   #16
Webber67
Not Yet Wild

The map was supposedly installed by Scotty. I found a schematic for my cart on Alltrax's site and have a pretty good understanding of the install now. I'll be starting the rebuild tomorrow. Looking forward to getting this thing back together.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:19 AM   #17
Webber67
Not Yet Wild

Did a lot of work to the buggy this week. I was expecting to be completely finished this week but had a couple of setbacks.

The first setback was when I pulled the old motor off to install the new motor, I noticed the input shaft splines coming out of the differential were stripped as well as the motor side. I found a new input shaft on amazon but had to wait 2 days for shipping. In the meantime, I tried to get as much done as I could to the electrical and front of the cart. I really needed the rear to stay exposed to give me room to install the new input shaft and motor. Input shaft finally showed up late yesterday and removal and replacement was easier than expected. Motor went on easy and it was time to fire everything up to make sure all wiring was good before I installed the rear body etc.

I powered everything up and got a good light on the controller, put it in fwd, pressed the gas pedal and nothing and was not getting an amber light on the controller when pedal was depressed. I load tested the voltage on the controller and all was good but was not dropping to zero when pedal was depressed. I checked the micro switch and it tested good, went back through the controller and harness wiring 15 more times and everything still looked right. All was pointing at the throttle position sensor. I called the local ezgo dealer and they had one in stock. He told me the $175 price and I almost dropped the phone but knew if this is what will bring it back to life, then so be it.

Before I left to get the part I noticed the little 1 prong plug that the charger recepticle on the cart plugs into. I hadn't yet installed the receptacle bc I hadn't yet installed the rear body. Decided to plug all of that up just to eliminate as a possibility and hearing that solenoid click was the best sound I'd heard all day.

I put the seat on and went for a test drive. I only got to run for 5-10 minutes but can tell you that it has plenty of speed and a ton of torque.

I won't be able to complete the cart for a few days but looking forward to using it in the woods. I can't wait to see it finished and will post pics when I complete it. I'm adding pics up until now after this post but didn't get any pics of the input shaft install or motor install.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:27 AM   #18
Webber67
Not Yet Wild

cart50.jpg

cart51.jpg

cart52.jpg

cart53.jpg

cart54.jpg
Old 12-13-2018, 11:28 AM   #19
Webber67
Not Yet Wild

cart55.jpg

cart56.jpg

cart57.jpg

cart58.jpg

cart59.jpg
Old 12-13-2018, 11:28 AM   #20
Webber67
Not Yet Wild

cart60.jpg

cart61.jpg

cart62.jpg

cart63.jpg

cart64.jpg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO