lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2018, 02:04 PM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1998 ezgo txt high speed motor

For me, the cost differential between 400 and 500 amp made the 500 a no brainer. Same with 2 vs. 4 AWG, though I made my own.

500 is about the point where, if you haven't already installed 4 AWG, you'd want 2. Check the price of 400 vs. 500 amps. I'm not sure which models have a fan, but I seem to recall several folks comparing a 400 + fan vs. 500, which includes the fan. Again, not sure this applies to series.

Good luck and keep us posted. However, if you feel like you have learned something here and it is a worthwhile place to visit year after year, you will get only the best advise, from literally thousands (TENS OF THOUSAND?) of hours experience. If you like the board, support the Site Sponsors. I've found their prices to be quite competitive, AND you'll get a lifetime of support here.

I'm the one who told you the solenoid specs. 100 continuous is adequate for me, as I have an ammeter/shunt and have confirmed this. You mileage may vary.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2018, 03:59 PM   #22
Ransom276
Not Yet Wild

Thanks yurtle I have been emailing Scotty d and looks like I’m going with the 500. Going to place order today and hopefully get it on as soon as it comes in. Thanks again
Ransom276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:02 PM   #23
Ransom276
Not Yet Wild

So I have ordered the alltrax 500 amp with the 400 amp solenoid. Hope to get it in and resolved the problem. Will post update soon
Old 12-03-2018, 05:28 PM   #24
Ransom276
Not Yet Wild

Ok guys so I got my new alltrax 48500 in today from Scotty B. Thanks Scotty for great customer service and super fast shipping!! I’m installing it right now but I hsve run into a snag!! Per alltrax instructions it’s telling me to connect my M- to my A2. Well as my cart is sitting and have the factory cable that come off of it... it’s M- to A1. That’s how it is right now and what is on the factory cable that I took off few weeks ago!! Can anyone explain to me why it’s different. Is it a typo or does the wires need to be changed according to alltrax?
Old 12-03-2018, 05:35 PM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I don't know what you're looking at, as my series is dated, but there are more than one way to wire a series, and ALL are perfectly acceptable. Don't mix and match, but pick one and follow it.

If you are using a wiring diagram from ScottyB, DO THAT, so if you run into issues, you'll at least be talking off the same baseline.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:38 PM   #26
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I take it you are installing a SR48500.

If so use the attached schematic from Alltrax. (Controller M- connects to motor A1)

I've not seen an Alltrax schematic showing M- connected to A2, can you post a picture of it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SR in TXT.jpg (250.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:12 PM   #27
Ransom276
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick response. My alltrax diagram that came with the controller is saying use M- to A2. My cart was wired as it is still on the wire in my hand as I’m typing this was label M-to A1. That was the factory cable that came off the cart. It was working like that so just wanted to make sure it wasn’t a wireing typo. That diagram Johnny b sent is exact one I have.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:14 PM   #28
Ransom276
Not Yet Wild

Well got it going in forward and reverse. So it still works. Going to get it off jake stands and see how it does. Thanks for everybody’s help!!
Old 12-03-2018, 07:46 PM   #29
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

:mrgr een:
Old 12-03-2018, 07:57 PM   #30
Ransom276
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I got it out and run it for about 20 mins pretty hard. Only thing that is heating up is cables and F/R switch. Took it up a hill and throw and small dichroic nothing muddy but just trying to see if it would kick out. It kept pulling. Speed is the same and I did gain some torque. So all and all I’m satisfied with it but I think I will have to upgrade wires and switch sometime in the future

Tags
high speed motor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO