lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2018, 03:44 PM   #1
Red neck cart tech
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2009 rxv wont go and has a steady beep in any key position but off, also no park brak

this 2008 rxv will activate the solenoid very briefly and lunge a couple inches when the key is switched on. also the reverse buzzer will beep on and of steadily in any key position except off. The solenoid will not reactivate when the pedal is pushed and there is no park brake in any position'
I have no scanner for this car but am good with a volt meter Any thoughts
Red neck cart tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2018, 03:52 PM   #2
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2009 rxv wont go and has a steady beep in any key position but off, also no park

Those were the bad years for those carts and they can be a true nightmare but some of the experts will be be chiming in soon so hang tight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 04:18 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2009 rxv wont go and has a steady beep in any key position but off, also no park

Brake is completely blown, replace it with a OEM standard duty brake (not heavy duty for that year) and all your problems will vanish. Be sure to just tighten the bolts enough to compress the washers, or the brake can be destroyed in 500 feet.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 04:21 PM   #4
Red neck cart tech
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Is there a continuity check I can do to confirm this before ordering parts ?
Old 12-18-2018, 04:29 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The jump when the key is switched on is a dead giveaway. But yes, 26 ohms on brake coil. Ezgo PN 610065.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 05:08 PM   #6
Red neck cart tech
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

so I have exactly 26 ohms and no continuity from the pins to the housing I also I have no voltage to the brake when in the off position and .6 volts in reverse and .2 volts in forward.

I also noticed if I switch the key quickly into forward the car still lunges backwards when the solenoid briefly activates ??
Old 12-18-2018, 06:42 PM   #7
rngilliland
Gone Wild

The cart tests the brake, by trying to turn the motor, when you turn the key from off to any other position. If it can turn the motor the cart fails the brake test and won't run. The cart jumping is a symptom of the failed brake test. Even if the ohms are okay if the brake won't hold it doesn't pass the test.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:04 PM   #8
rngilliland
Gone Wild

The brake operates more like a clutch than a brake. It has a disc that is keyed to the motor shaft. The disc is squeezed between a pressure plate and the outer case of the brake by coil springs. The brake is always on until power is applied to the electromagnet inside the brake. That pulls the pressure plate away from the disc to release the brake.

The brake is easy to take apart if you want to check for any obvious problems but in my experience the best thing to do is replace it. The best price I have seen on an OEM 610065 brake is on ebay.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:10 PM   #9
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

This is the one to use, and at a great price!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/301992451277

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:08 PM   #10
Red neck cart tech
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thank you everyone I have a new brake on the way and will give an update
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO