lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2018, 04:36 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Adding a fan to Alltrax SR48400?'s

I just reviewed 3 data logs from a cart with the 23" tires and aftermarket speed motor. Under heavy (0-30) acceleration the motor drew 225 - 250 amps through the 500 XCT . In all files the fan came on when pedal was dropped hard initially for 2-3 seconds but not during the rest of the tests.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2018, 06:41 PM   #12
Sideways
Gone Wild

"I took SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed)" JohnnieB
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 03:19 PM   #13
nemesis85
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone know if the fan is supposed to remain on until temperature goes down or just when the throttle is activated? My fan only comes on under throttle. I have a buddy with a CC precedent and alltrax controller as well and his comes on and stays on no matter if the throttle is activated or not and shuts off when temp is back down. My alltrax is a sr48500 and I think he has the XCT.
nemesis85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 03:24 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have an XCT 500 and the fan is only ON when the Controller temperature is elevated (don't remember ever happening) or the Motor Armature current exceeds a certain high level (not just pedal position).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 03:53 PM   #15
nemesis85
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I have an XCT 500 and the fan is only ON when the Controller temperature is elevated (don't remember ever happening) or the Motor Armature current exceeds a certain high level (not just pedal position).
I'd like mine to stay on all times. Wonder if theres a way to wire it that way.
Old 11-10-2020, 03:58 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You wire the SR Controller KSI terminal to the Key Switch instead of the pedal micro-switch then the fan would stay ON if it was needed.

Most SR wiring diagrams only have the Controller KSI activated when you press the pedal.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 04:03 PM   #17
nemesis85
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
If You wire the SR Controller KSI terminal to the Key Switch instead of the pedal micro-switch then the fan would stay ON if it was needed.

Most SR wiring diagrams only have the Controller KSI activated when you press the pedal.
Excellent! I will look into this. Thank you.
Old 11-10-2020, 04:15 PM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis85 View Post
Does anyone know if the fan is supposed to remain on until temperature goes down or just when the throttle is activated? My fan only comes on under throttle. I have a buddy with a CC precedent and alltrax controller as well and his comes on and stays on no matter if the throttle is activated or not and shuts off when temp is back down. My alltrax is a sr48500 and I think he has the XCT.
Depends on the drive type.

The SR controller in a series drive is only powered up when the pedal is pushed, so the fan goes off when the pedal is lifted.

The XCT controller in a sepex drive is on when the keyswitch is on and the fan comes on when the amp flow into controller goes above about 2/3 of its nominal rating or when the MOSFET heatsink goes above about 45°C, and it stays on as long as either of those conditions exist. I don't remember if it shuts off when key is off or if Run/Tow has to be put in Tow.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:32 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I heard the fan running on a cart that had not run all day so I turned the key off to stop it... of course it was a 113º outside the cart was parked in the sun... but still ??? WTH
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 06:59 PM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Direction, selected + Keyswitch on + pedal pressed.

The KSI voltage goes through MS-2 on the F/R assembly before it gets to keyswitch, so wiring the controller KSI input to the keyswitch only has controller powered up when F or R is selected and off when in Neutral.

To get controller to be turned on and off by keyswitch alone, run a wire from reed switch (or bypass) to keyswitch, then to MS-2 and KSI input of SR controller, then to Pedal switch and then to solenoid coil.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SR in TXT - KSI highlighted.jpg (252.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO