lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2018, 01:44 AM   #1
vanmanjay
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 2000 TXT Running Slower Than Usual

Jay Burger

OK.. After replacing Fwd/Rev switch due to 1 terminal meltdown due to loose connection im having issues with the speed of my golf cart.. Seems to run about 2/3 as fast as it did before.... Its a 2000 Western ( EZGO TXT Chassis/drivetrain ) 36 volt... New batterys and cables...New Fwd/Rev switch...I have it sitting on stands...Full battery Voltage of almost 38 volts everywhere its supposed to be...Just checked the voltage from the ITS and its whithin the volt perimeters.. just as the solenoid clicks ( .51 volts ) and at full throttle ( 1.56 volts )...But I still have 12.9 volts from the M- terminal of the controller going to the Motor at full throttle...Shouldn't this be closer to 1 or less volts under full throttle ? Correct me if im wrong but doesn't the M- terminal supply the ground for the Motor ? the More ground applied , the faster it goes ?...All the other terminals on the motor have full battery voltage...Controller Bad ?? That's my guess but just wanted other input before I drop $4oo-600.... It has a Curtis PMC with part # 2586G03 , which I am having a hard time finding...any upgrade suggestions ? Thanks JD
vanmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2018, 04:46 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 TXT Running Slower Than Usual

At full throttle, the voltage between the B- and M- terminals on the controller ought to be very close to 0V. In general terms, the MOSFETs in the controller will drop about 0.2V/100A, so if the stock controller is passing B- its full amp rating, you'd see about 0.550V.

If you are measuring from the battery pack's B- instead of the controller's B- terminal, the voltage will be higher due to the resistance of the high current cable and connections from the battery pack's B- terminal and the controller's B- terminal.

-------
If the cart's speed is only about 2/3 what it used to be, only about 2/3 of the battery pack voltage is now being applied to the motor, which is consistent with the 12.9V you measure at M- with pedal on floor.

----------
If it turns out to be a bad controller, an Alltrax SR48400 (or larger) would be a suitable replacement.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO