lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2018, 01:30 PM   #1
Radioactive1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Dead 2010 EzGo RxV

Hi all, I'm new to the forum & just purchased a 2010 EZGO RXV from a local, reputable dealer. The cart is bone stock, not lifted, no mods, and has new Trojan batteries.

I took the cart for one long ride (state of charge meter showing halfway upon return) then put the cart in the garage and put the charger on it.

The next day when I came out to take it for a run, it was completely dead. When I switch the "ignition" from R, N,. F, I get nothing at all - no beep, nothing. I can't get the cart to go into tow mode.via the switch or the instructions under the cover (unplugging 1 from 2 and connecting 1 to 3 and turning key to "N").

The headlights & taillights work, but that's it.

All battery connections appear to be nice and tight.

I checked the voltage on the batteries and found the following:

Battery 1 (passenger side) 12.67v
2-12.73v
3 (driver side) 12.66v
4 (in rear of battery compartment)12.73v
Total voltage - measured with one probe on positive terminal of battery #1 and negative probe on negative terminal of battery #4 - 10.77v. I don't know if this is the proper method for measuring total voltage.

When I plug in and connect the battery charger it does nothing and no status light comes on.

I'm thinking of a couple possibilities - a bad F, N, R/"ignition" switch, or a bad charging port, perhaps a bad engine brake.. I have not traced voltage from the "ignition" switch.

Questions:

1. How do I release the brake to get the cart in tow mode.
2. In terms of troubleshooting; is the best option to take the cart to a repair tech that has a code reader?
Radioactive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2018, 03:29 PM   #2
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

Default Re: Dead 2010 EzGo RxV

If it were mine and I just purchased it I'd be called the dealer and telling him to either come get it and fix it or dont expect a payment until its drivable. And he might be nice enough to bring a code reader out and see what's going on with it.
MUDSLINGER250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 06:38 PM   #3
Radioactive1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cart came with a limited warranty which has expired. I paid cash for the cart.

Sure would appreciate some constructive comments in response to my questions.

Thanks all!
Old 01-01-2019, 06:55 PM   #4
Radioactive1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cart came with a limited warranty which has expired. I paid cash for the cart.

Sure would appreciate some constructive comments in response to my questions.

Thanks all!
Old 01-01-2019, 07:03 PM   #5
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Looks like a voltage loss due to a poor connection, check wires and battery connections for corrosion.
Timscarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 07:20 PM   #6
rngilliland
Gone Wild

There are two fuses attached to the cover that has the run tow switch on it. I would check them. I think some of the early models only have one fuse there and the other one is inline on the yellow wire that attaches to the solenoid. That yellow wire runs to the key switch. There is a run plug under the cup holder. Make sure it isn't loose. I don't know if any of these would cause your problem but they are easy to check.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 07:58 PM   #7
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactive1 View Post
Hi all, I'm new to the forum & just purchased a 2010 EZGO RXV from a local, reputable dealer. The cart is bone stock, not lifted, no mods, and has new Trojan batteries.

I took the cart for one long ride (state of charge meter showing halfway upon return) then put the cart in the garage and put the charger on it.

The next day when I came out to take it for a run, it was completely dead. When I switch the "ignition" from R, N,. F, I get nothing at all - no beep, nothing. I can't get the cart to go into tow mode.via the switch or the instructions under the cover (unplugging 1 from 2 and connecting 1 to 3 and turning key to "N").

The headlights & taillights work, but that's it.

All battery connections appear to be nice and tight.

I checked the voltage on the batteries and found the following:

Battery 1 (passenger side) 12.67v
2-12.73v
3 (driver side) 12.66v
4 (in rear of battery compartment)12.73v
Total voltage - measured with one probe on positive terminal of battery #1 and negative probe on negative terminal of battery #4 - 10.77v. I don't know if this is the proper method for measuring total voltage.

When I plug in and connect the battery charger it does nothing and no status light comes on.

I'm thinking of a couple possibilities - a bad F, N, R/"ignition" switch, or a bad charging port, perhaps a bad engine brake.. I have not traced voltage from the "ignition" switch.

Questions:

1. How do I release the brake to get the cart in tow mode.
2. In terms of troubleshooting; is the best option to take the cart to a repair tech that has a code reader?
Something is wrong with your voltage readings. You should read pack voltage metering batttery 1 and 4. The batteries are wired in series, so you’re going to get the total of all 4.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:45 PM   #8
Radioactive1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timscarts View Post
Looks like a voltage loss due to a poor connection, check wires and battery connections for corrosion.
I was wondering the same thing when I saw what my total voltage was (assuming I'm measuring it properly).

Thanks Tim!
Old 01-02-2019, 12:49 PM   #9
Radioactive1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngilliland View Post
There are two fuses attached to the cover that has the run tow switch on it. I would check them. I think some of the early models only have one fuse there and the other one is inline on the yellow wire that attaches to the solenoid. That yellow wire runs to the key switch. There is a run plug under the cup holder. Make sure it isn't loose. I don't know if any of these would cause your problem but they are easy to check.
Excellent suggestion! I looked all over for a fuse panel and couldn't find.one. This gives me a place to look for some fuses - thanks, I'll check this out.

Are these in line glass fuses or the automotive spade type fuses?
Old 01-02-2019, 01:14 PM   #10
Radioactive1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
Something is wrong with your voltage readings. You should read pack voltage metering batttery 1 and 4. The batteries are wired in series, so you’re going to get the total of all 4.
Ok, but I thought that was what I was doing when I measured Total voltage - i.e. "Total voltage - measured with one probe on positive terminal of battery #1 and negative probe on negative terminal of battery #4 - 10.77v. I don't know if this is the proper method for measuring total voltage."
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO