lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2019, 01:33 PM   #11
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Dead 2010 EzGo RxV

Your batteries will be wired in series so the total voltage should be the 4 batteries voltages added together, so about 50.8 volts.

If you can't get the 50.8 volts across the entire battery pack, then there could be a connection problem between the individual batteries.

Try taking the pack voltage at the charging port instead. If you can't get the full pack voltage there, then there is definitely a battery wiring problem.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2019, 02:47 PM   #12
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactive1 View Post
Excellent suggestion! I looked all over for a fuse panel and couldn't find.one. This gives me a place to look for some fuses - thanks, I'll check this out.

Are these in line glass fuses or the automotive spade type fuses?
Spade type. I think one is 10 amp and the other is 7.5 amp.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:00 PM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Remove the push-pins from the plastic cover over the controller that has the run/tow switch in it. Underneath that cover, there will be one or two capped blade fuseholders. One has a pair of yellow wires and contains a 10 Amp fuse for the Keyswitch. The other, which should be there on a 2010, has a pair of red wires and contains a 7.5 Amp fuse for the Motor Brake. On the opposite side are 4 similar looking connectors marked #1, #2, #3, and #4. Those are for bypassing the motor brake. They are not fuseholders...
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:08 AM   #14
Radioactive1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Remove the push-pins from the plastic cover over the controller that has the run/tow switch in it. Underneath that cover, there will be one or two capped blade fuseholders. One has a pair of yellow wires and contains a 10 Amp fuse for the Keyswitch. The other, which should be there on a 2010, has a pair of red wires and contains a 7.5 Amp fuse for the Motor Brake. On the opposite side are 4 similar looking connectors marked #1, #2, #3, and #4. Those are for bypassing the motor brake. They are not fuseholders...
Yep, I pulled that plastic cover in the hope that following the motor brake bypass instructions would allow me to move the cart. I followed the instructions to the letter, but it didn't help. Found the fuse-holders; everything checked out.

I also re-measured the voltage. I had the probes in the wrong place. Total voltage is 50.8v.

In any case, I solved the problem and the solution, I have to admit, was one that when suggested, I thought "no way this is going to fix the problem". A neighbor of mine has a son who has an RxV and had experienced a similar problem. His solution? - place the cart in Neutral and rock it back and forth. That's it. He offered to come over and help me fix it.
Like I said - I thought there was no way this "solution" was going to help. But, he offered to help, and I didn't want to say "no thanks, I don't need your help". He came over, we rocked the cart and immediately it came back to life. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, and it still doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Only thing I can think is that the motor brake was frozen and rocking the cart freed it up. Doesn't explain why in all other respects the cart was "dead", but the cart has run flawlessly ever since, so I'm happy.

Thanks for the suggestions - I learned a few things along the way that may help in the future.
Radioactive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO