lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2018, 07:07 PM   #1
Marshall2006TXT
Not Yet Wild

Default EzGo TXT Series - Solenoid Click but No Go (Yet Another)

So I've read several posts complaining about the same issue, and I've followed many of the testing procedures but none seem to point to a cause. I have a 2006 EzGo TXT Series (36v), and I get a solenoid click when the pedal is pressed, but no movement. For a few weeks, I was getting a warning by sometimes having to press the pedal twice to get it moving. While troubleshooting, I accidentally dropped the front seat, and miraculously it started working again, at least for a few pedal presses. Now nothing again. I have 38v across B- and M-, which drops to 10v as soon as the solenoid is pulled in and the drops to 0 as the pedal is pressed to the floor.
Marshall2006TXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2018, 07:58 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EzGo TXT Series - Solenoid Click but No Go (Yet Another)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall2006TXT View Post
So I've read several posts complaining about the same issue, and I've followed many of the testing procedures but none seem to point to a cause. I have a 2006 EzGo TXT Series (36v), and I get a solenoid click when the pedal is pressed, but no movement. For a few weeks, I was getting a warning by sometimes having to press the pedal twice to get it moving. While troubleshooting, I accidentally dropped the front seat, and miraculously it started working again, at least for a few pedal presses. Now nothing again. I have 38v across B- and M-, which drops to 10v as soon as the solenoid is pulled in and the drops to 0 as the pedal is pressed to the floor.
Sounds like the solenoid and the controller are working... as well as the ignition switch, F&R micro switch, and pedal switch.... Maybe the F&R high amperage contacts are bad.
Do you want to try tightening the F&R center pivot shaft nut 1/2 turn? Righty tighty
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 09:41 PM   #3
Marshall2006TXT
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Sounds like the solenoid and the controller are working... as well as the ignition switch, F&R micro switch, and pedal switch.... Maybe the F&R high amperage contacts are bad.
Do you want to try tightening the F&R center pivot shaft nut 1/2 turn? Righty tighty
Thanks Scotty. Done. No change.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:03 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Have you eliminated this problematic Molex connector? Mine would require wiggling from time to time, until I eliminated it.

Dropping the seat sounds like enough jostling to get a temporary connection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Molex.jpeg (254.5 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 01:10 AM   #5
IndianTraceDirtDauber
Not Yet Wild

Most would say the wiring has a "short" in it when they mean intermittent connection.

Clean the contact pins with a metal pick and dielectric grease before reconnecting would be easier than a Molex elimination.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
IndianTraceDirtDauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 10:53 AM   #6
Marshall2006TXT
Not Yet Wild

So I’ve removed, cleaned and reconnected everything on the F/R assembly, still no change. I took a closer look at the controller and noticed one of the wires insulation had deteriorated pretty bad. When I removed I noticed burn spot so the controller casing (picture attached) This isn’t good, but could this be the cause given the controller voltages seem to check out?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0D4CF1E1-EEDA-4C8E-A543-D3BADBE768CD.jpg (11.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-08-2019, 06:58 PM   #7
Marshall2006TXT
Not Yet Wild

Not really sure what to check next. Any ideas?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO