lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2019, 01:27 AM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax SR48500 setup

Upgrading to 42V by adding another battery while they are still fairly new would give you more power and speed. You would need a new charger
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2019, 06:47 AM   #12
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Now you need to reset throttle auto calibration so it can learn your correct throttle pedal range, it probably doesn't understand what zero, and full throttle is, because it tried to learn it with throttle readings it thought were crazy numbers (when the throttle type setting was wrong). The reset auto Cal is an option in one of the menus at the top of the PC software.

Now that you mention it, I did notice that although the throttle was acting normal I had to push the throttle half way down before the golf cart would start moving. I barely push the throttle and the solenoid would engage and then I had to push the pedal close to 50% and then it would start to move. So, what your saying makes sense, it may be like I'm running around at half throttle. I will try this when I get home tonight!
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:49 AM   #13
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Upgrading to 42V by adding another battery while they are still fairly new would give you more power and speed. You would need a new charger

I plan to upgrade to 42V. However, it may be a week or 2, the wife and I just bought a 16'x24' storage building for our land.... Kinda depleted the funds...
Old 01-08-2019, 07:01 AM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You followed my instructions You should have reset the auto calibration (and saved it to the Controller) after you changed the speed and torque curves back to standard.

You can increase your throttle rate a little to maybe 30%.

As mentioned You will need more voltage to allow your motor to spin faster.

Post another picture of your curves, You can increase the slope of the "Speed Curve" (the red one) to allow the cart to start moving before 50%.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:39 AM   #15
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
If You followed my instructions You should have reset the auto calibration (and saved it to the Controller) after you changed the speed and torque curves back to standard.

You can increase your throttle rate a little to maybe 30%.

As mentioned You will need more voltage to allow your motor to spin faster.

Post another picture of your curves, You can increase the slope of the "Speed Curve" (the red one) to allow the cart to start moving before 50%.
I will tell you this, and maybe I did a step out of order.

1st- I reset all the custom torque & speed settings to default, and then switched it from custom to standard.

2nd- I went to the tools and switched the pedal to TXT ITS.

I then did "set" and then took it for a test drive. It made the pedal back to normal (except the half way to start moving).

I then started playing with the throttle, to get rid of the super soft start.

I didn't mess with the torque & speed curves.

Tonight when I get home I will take pictures of the torque and speed curves.
I will aslo see if I can re-cal the pedal.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:00 AM   #16
papabearsc
Not Yet Wild

Just got my cart, a 2004 36V series running with the SR48500 this weekend. I, too, had a throttle type setting wrong, took a while to figure it out...but she's running and very torque-ey!

My batteries are about 5-6 months old, would adding another now be bad?
papabearsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:05 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

90% of the SRs come out of the factory with the 0-5k throttle setting. Dealers or users must program the ITS throttle for the TXTs or the result is like Dusty started out as explained in his first thread. The software is free and the program is user friendly.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 05:21 PM   #18
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabearsc View Post
Just got my cart, a 2004 36V series running with the SR48500 this weekend. I, too, had a throttle type setting wrong, took a while to figure it out...but she's running and very torque-ey!

My batteries are about 5-6 months old, would adding another now be bad?

Once you changed it to the right throttle setting did you have to adjust anything else?
Old 01-09-2019, 07:54 AM   #19
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I did the auto cal and not much improvement. I just can't seem to get any improvement out of this thing. I adjusted the torque curve to give it more torque with less pedal position (around 50% torque at 22% pedal) and it feels like an improvement upon take off, but once the tires are rolling it feels very sluggish. In honesty I just don't see any performance improvement from stock.

If I get time tonight I am going to install the 2awg wires I bought from ScottyB, hopefully with a better flow of current that will help with torque.

I took pictures of the torque curve to post, but Flickr is not working this morning. As soon as Flickr is up I will post pics.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:13 AM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Rusty
Can you show the throttle type setting in a picture?
Can you post a monitor file so we can see what the controller sees?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO