lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2019, 07:14 PM   #1
mdav
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Question

I have a question, I went to pull cart out of garage and it will not move. Battery voltage at 50.4 ish but I don’t hear the selonoid click on when I press the throttle. Here is a pick at full throttle of what voltage is going to motor etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0E6F84B8-B334-40FC-8994-DCD88A1BBC27.jpg (54.1 KB, 0 views)
mdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2019, 07:22 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Question

Try clicking PrtScr, then make a .jpg and post that.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:26 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdav View Post
I have a question, I went to pull cart out of garage and it will not move. Battery voltage at 50.4 ish but I don’t hear the selonoid click on when I press the throttle. Here is a pick at full throttle of what voltage is going to motor etc.
Until you get the solenoid to activate, the cart won't do much of anything.

The voltages and amps seen are due to the pre-charge resistor across the solenoid's large terminals.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:54 PM   #4
mdav
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I’m assuming bad selonoid?
Old 01-17-2019, 12:18 AM   #5
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Could be that, or bad pedal micro switch, or bad key switch.

Probably would help to know what model car it is. RXV, TXT, TXT DCS/PDS, TXT 48, etc.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:53 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You said picture at full throttle, picture shows 22% throttle? Is that what you are getting a full throttle? 22%? INspect and test the ITS and ITS signal wires.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:32 PM   #7
mdav
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes that’s what the Altraxx toolkit says. I do have it set for 100% throttle I tested solenoid and it tested good. I am going to test ITS next following the how to in the sticky. What else is there to check?
Old 01-17-2019, 06:36 PM   #8
mdav
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have the high voltage set at 54 volts so once my charger is unplugged it takes about 15-20 min to settle down to that range ( voltage is generally about 54.5 ). Apparently my nephew was over and don’t know that. He unplugged then kept hitting go peddle while the batteries were stabilizing. I guess it fried something.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:39 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

There's no problem with upping the max voltage. He shouldn't have "fried" anything.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:57 PM   #10
mdav
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
There's no problem with upping the max voltage. He shouldn't have "fried" anything.
When the charger is first disconnected the voltage on the pack is higher than max voltage setting on controller. My nephews didn’t know they thought it should just unplug and go. But my cart does not so they keep pressing the pedal over and over and over, from what they say anyway. They said they heard a clicking every time they hit the go pedal but it didn’t go. They then said the cart took off so they shut the key off pushed the cart back in garage and that’s when I got on it not knowing what happened. That’s where I’m at know trying to figure out what fried since it will not go and salenoid is not engaging. Hope this makes a little more sense???
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO