lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2019, 03:32 PM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You said picture at full throttle, picture shows 22% throttle? Is that what you are getting a full throttle? 22%? INspect and test the ITS and ITS signal wires.
That might explain this.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2019, 04:23 PM   #22
mdav
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Take a good look at the now detached plunger. It has an hexhead set screw, which may be missing? When you screw the plunger back onto the rod leave it about 3/16 - 1/4 inch away from the tunnel at rest and tighten the set screw.
The set screw is still there. That’s pretty close to the way I set it.
mdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:27 PM   #23
mdav
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
That alone wouldn't account for no solenoid click, unless it somehow fell into the microswitch.
The part that activates the micro switch was all the way to the front of the cart. So even at full throttle it was not activating the switch, but the end of the male thread was getting close enough to the tunnel to show a small amount of throttle. Best I can tell anyway. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:47 PM   #24
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

It's been years since I looked at mine, but I thought there was a plunger which goes into the ITS core, and a separate cam that engages the MS. I though I remembered adjusting the two separately.

You said the kids reported the solenoid clicking, then the cart ran, after the batteries lost some of their surface charge, 'course it sounds like you may have had several things going on at once.
Old 01-18-2019, 05:35 PM   #25
mdav
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
It's been years since I looked at mine, but I thought there was a plunger which goes into the ITS core, and a separate cam that engages the MS. I though I remembered adjusting the two separately.

You said the kids reported the solenoid clicking, then the cart ran, after the batteries lost some of their surface charge, 'course it sounds like you may have had several things going on at once.
Correct. I had the controller high voltage set lower than float rate of the yewy charger, so the cart wouldn’t go once unplugged. I just worked with it like that since getting the new charger. The cam that engages MS was adjusted all the way fwd. Must have worked it’s way that way with repeated press of the go peddle. The plunger apparently came loose inside the core of the ITS ( the reason the cart took off and wouldn’t stop) once the voltage settled to operating range, and when they shut key off and hit the breaks the momentum made the plunger fall out of the ITS core stopping the cart. Just a guess but best I could come up with.
ALOT of fluke instances at one time that probably could never be repeated even if tried. I’ve learned to set the controller to what the charge is at float, to hide the key so no one messes with my cart also there is a lot to learn with a cart and the best place for advice is here!!
Old 01-18-2019, 07:35 PM   #26
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdav View Post
the reason the cart took off and wouldn’t stop
I missed that part of the story. Glad you've got it all figured out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO