lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2019, 09:48 AM   #1
REDJULIEGALE
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo txt

My EZGO TXT runs great 95% of the time. The other 5% is dicey. Yesterday, I tried to take the dogs for a ride. Turned the key, put it in forward and nothing. No noise. I tried reverse, same thing, nothing. Then I got out and tried a Fred Flintstone move of running alongside pushing it and jumping in. Still nothing. This morning, it starts right up and runs smooth. What the heck? Would this be something in the controller? Or, a loose connection somewhere? Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks.
REDJULIEGALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2019, 10:36 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo txt

I did, until I removed this connector. It's a known problem area. In the meantime, try unplugging it, spray contact cleaner or WD40 and plug/unplug/plug if you get stranded. I soldered each wire and used heat-shrink.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Molex.jpeg (254.5 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:50 AM   #3
jasonnorton
Not Yet Wild

True story! That's what bit me last time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jasonnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 12:24 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You should also bypass your reed switch, as that is designed for smooth pavement and golf courses at a "reasonable" speed. The bumps we inflict will break the glass magnetic switch, which is encased in plastic. I dissected a few of mine. Shoulda taken pics.

If anyone bypasses their reed switch, working or not, please send it to me. I'll pay postage. I'd like to add a photo to the site somewhere, as this should really be a sticky, along with the Molex.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo Reed Switch Bypass.jpg (169.2 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:47 PM   #5
REDJULIEGALE
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Smile Re: Ezgo txt

Thanks for the suggestions which I’ll try next week.
REDJULIEGALE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intermittent start, no go with no click
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO