lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2019, 02:34 PM   #1
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Default 2016 ITS plunger adjustment

I decided to look over my ITS while removing the rocker panel to install a diamond plate one. My gap is wider than it should be. My plunger does seem to be flush or slightly under flush when pedal is pushed. I figured I could loosen the lock nut at the time and adjust a little. I loosened that nut to compress the spring and tried the plunger but it won’t budge. ITS box is clean and no water intrusion. Plunger looks polished and has a coat of grease on it. What am I doing wrong bc I can’t get it to turn at all? Also the service manual was wrong in the wrench sizes I needed to adjust.
sigfla45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2019, 04:13 PM   #2
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2016 ITS plunger adjustment

I see some of these have a set screw but mine does not.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:23 PM   #3
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Any help here please? Am I correctly loosening the right locking nut at the pedal yoke as shown in the ezgo diagram? Do I compress the spring? Do I turn the plunger using a wrench? I am at a loss as to why mine won’t turn. Help please
Old 01-24-2019, 09:17 AM   #4
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The locknut I loosened was inside the ITS box just behind the plunger. Looking at a couple different adjustment diagrams I do see where they refer to the locknut at the pedal but then they also show the one behind the plunger. Try the one behind the plunger and see if that works for you.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:50 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There is a recessed allen head screw on some of the plunger collar. Once loosened the plunger can be turned by using 2 wrenches on the 2 nuts. The lock screw on mine was darn near on the bottom side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ITS.jpg (125.3 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 01:41 PM   #6
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtools View Post
The locknut I loosened was inside the ITS box just behind the plunger. Looking at a couple different adjustment diagrams I do see where they refer to the locknut at the pedal but then they also show the one behind the plunger. Try the one behind the plunger and see if that works for you.
Hence my confusion. The instructions for mine specifically reference the lock nut at the pedal yoke. As well as referencing the diagram showing that nut as the defined "lock nut." The prior service manual page shows the 2 nuts in the box but I only have 1 and no threaded rod as pictured on Scotty's. It would make much more sense to use the nut in the box as the one on the yoke wouldn't seem to loosen anything but spring pressure on the pedal. EZGO is a real pain. All of the tool sizes listed were off on my setup as well. Here is my box. As you can see there is only 1 nut above the plunger and no mention of a locking grub screw in the manual.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:08 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Yours is different than mine, but is there any adjustment to the cable just outside the box, that would "push" the cable/plunger towards the ITS? Are you sure you even need to adjust? Can you hook up a laptop to see if the controller sees throttle at 100% when fully depressed?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:48 PM   #8
sigfla45
Gone Wild

I just got my cable. I can try a little later. The gap isn’t crazy but it’s wider than it should be. The most annoying part of it is the pedal pre travel feels long b4 the plunger engages the ITS sensor
Old 01-24-2019, 03:27 PM   #9
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfla45 View Post
I just got my cable. I can try a little later. The gap isn’t crazy but it’s wider than it should be. The most annoying part of it is the pedal pre travel feels long b4 the plunger engages the ITS sensor
The coil inductance begins to change as the plug approaches the bore, so even if it is not inserted, it alters the sensor value. Calibrating the distance is more about setting the starting ITS value, before it begins to change.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:45 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The plunger has to be able to move otherwise they couldn’t assemble the box. I’m betting there is a set screw out of sight on the bottom.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO