lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2019, 03:48 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2016 ITS plunger adjustment

It won't do anything until the MS closes, and it looks like it has a ways to go, based on the photo. More than mine, anyway.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2019, 04:55 PM   #12
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Ok so according to my Alltrax monitor I am getting 94% throttle with the pedal fully pushed to the floor. I guess I need to figure out how to adjust my ITS plunger to get 100%? I think maybe I have a single lock nut and I have to turn the plunger barrel itself??
sigfla45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:04 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

After reading though the plunger adjustment on page K-10 of attached TXT-48 service manual, I suspect you are trying to adjust the plunger at the plunger end of the rod, while you ought to be adjusting at the yoke end of same rod. The attached parts manual is also helpful for seeing how the pedal rod and plunger are put together.

"If the plunger needs adjustment, loosen the lock nut at the accelerator yoke and rotate the plunger until the desired dimension is achieved."

In addition, you can clear the auto-cal and in Toolkit let the XCT re-calibrate the throttle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clear Throttle Auto-Cal.jpg (53.0 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TXT-48 2014 634466_RM_TXT_ELEC_Fleet_F.pdf (16.24 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf TXT 48 Fleet, Freedom, Shuttle 2+2 elec 2010 614278 - D_SP.pdf (8.02 MB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:39 PM   #14
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Still confused. Do I turn the entire shaft at the yoke end? It seems my plunger and sleeve are threaded. There is a nut there for a reason. I turned it a bit today and it now exits the back of the ITS. The sleeve moves in and out from the plunger cylinder by hand. My Alltrax log shows 95% throttle now. How do I calibrate from the toolkit? All I see are directions for absolutely throttle. Thanks for any help to get me to 100%.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:06 PM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

JohnnyB told and showed via picture how to clear auto-cal in Post #13, above.

Did your adjustment move the "cam" that the microswitch rides on? If so, it should "start" with less pedal movement than before.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:10 PM   #16
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
JohnnyB told and showed via picture how to clear auto-cal in Post #13, above.

Did your adjustment move the "cam" that the microswitch rides on? If so, it should "start" with less pedal movement than before.
Yes i believe it did. To be honest however I was concentrating more on moving the plunger closer to the ITS.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:01 PM   #17
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Ok, so I cleared auto calibration and now my throttle is at 90%. It seems to change every time I clear and try again. I must be doing something wrong. I have read the instructions and there isn't a section on clearing the throttle auto calibration other than by just clicking on it. I am frustrated. I really have no desire to remove my rocker panel again to get at the ITS plunger. When I last messed with it today I had about a mm or so sticking out of the end of the ITS at full pedal. The cart is plenty fast as it is but I would rather have 100% throttle than 90%. I even tried slowly going to full throttle per the absolute throttle auto calibration instructions as well as going flat out from zero. Nothing seemed to work.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:09 PM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

In case it's too late for the experts...

Googling returned:

https://alltraxinc.com/wp-content/up...ter-SPM-SR.pdf

The pic says, "Resets the learned throttle". Maybe you have to drive it, going from 0% to 100% a few times before it learns?
Old 01-24-2019, 09:11 PM   #19
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
This might be another off the wall but. With all the big deal Alltrax made about the auto-cal throttle they never gave a procedure to adjust it. I got the following procedure off of an Alltrax rep. Maybe it will help somebody.

Once in the software you will click controller at the very top then clear auto cal. Once the auto cal clears (The bottom left corner of the window will indicate Auto Cal Cleared) you can work the pedal a few times to recalibrate the throttle. After completion you will want to run the cart to see if the problem persists.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:29 PM   #20
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
In case it's too late for the experts...

Googling returned:

https://alltraxinc.com/wp-content/up...ter-SPM-SR.pdf

The pic says, "Resets the learned throttle". Maybe you have to drive it, going from 0% to 100% a few times before it learns?
I actually drove up and down the street many times thinking that was the case. Nothing changed. Following the reps suggestion seems like a new option however. If I can simply push the throttle with the cart sitting still several times maybe that will fix things. I was simply clearing and then driving around as that seemed as close to the calibration procedure given for "absolute throttle." Since they don't give a procedure to reset after clearing auto calibration the closest thing was "absolute throttle's" procedure. Thanks yurtle.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO