lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2019, 07:10 PM   #1
kevin.androski@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 rxv fails start up test

My 2010 rxv will not start, it is electric and I previously had this problem when the brake was bad and I replaced it and it work temporarily. Now when I turn the key on I hear the buzzer activate in a low tone in any position, but the cart will not do anything. I can flip the tow switch and the brake unlocks and I can then move the cart, but in run the cart doesn’t nothing but buzz in a low steady tone.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have grabbed the pedals to make sure they are fully retracted and still nothing.
kevin.androski@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2019, 08:51 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 rxv fails start up test

Where are you located? It would probably be best to hook up your cart to a handheld and run a diagnostic on it to see what your problem is.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:00 PM   #3
kevin.androski@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

So this morning I was messing with it somemore and noticed that when I turn the key on the buzzer starts again but when I put the cart in neutral it will not roll. The brake stays engaged, the voltage on my digital voltage reads 49.5 VDC. Also when I say buzzer, it is not the same sound as reverse. It is a quieter buzz from the same buzzer.

Should the brake not release in neutral? The battery gauge also says it is abou 68% charged, so I imagine that should be enough to disengage the brake. It I put it in tow the buzzer stays off and the brake releases.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:03 PM   #4
kevin.androski@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

I am in Houston and have reached out to a local shop last week. They offered a few troubleshooting steps but seems reluctant for me to bring it in and hook it up. May need to find another shop but I’m not the type to spend several hundred on troubleshooting something I could do myself in a few hours. I did find the manual for the handheld and will probably start pulling the cart back apart and checking all the connection voltages and resistance at all the sensors and plugs.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:32 PM   #5
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin.androski@yahoo.com View Post
So this morning I was messing with it somemore and noticed that when I turn the key on the buzzer starts again but when I put the cart in neutral it will not roll. The brake stays engaged, the voltage on my digital voltage reads 49.5 VDC. Also when I say buzzer, it is not the same sound as reverse. It is a quieter buzz from the same buzzer.

Should the brake not release in neutral? The battery gauge also says it is abou 68% charged, so I imagine that should be enough to disengage the brake. It I put it in tow the buzzer stays off and the brake releases.
For the brake to release it needs to be in neutral and be in the tow mode.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:16 PM   #6
kevin.androski@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

If I’m not mistaken the brake will release in any position if it is in tow mode on my cart. Could that be an indication of a problem?
Old 02-09-2019, 01:20 PM   #7
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin.androski@yahoo.com View Post
If I’m not mistaken the brake will release in any position if it is in tow mode on my cart. Could that be an indication of a problem?
No that's normal. Just don't be towing it in forward or reverse unless your wanting more problems.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:32 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Since you have the "odd buzzer" sound, I think you should go pull both pedals toward you with your shoes, then turn the key on. Your pedals are not testing as "fully released" when the controller boots up.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:46 PM   #9
kevin.androski@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, going to check that out. I had them as suspect because that worked a few times but does not work anymore. This cart was a total rebuild and the pedals were original and in bad shape below the floor. I think I’m just going to test the sensors and replace all of them on both pedals. The accelerator does stay about an 1 compressed in normal position.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:17 PM   #10
kevin.androski@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Ok, so my suspicions were right about the throttle sensors. It is the potentiometer sensor on the side of the pedal. It is not rotating back to dead zero when the pedal is completely released. There is a small rubber bump stop that prevents it from traveling any further back. I am sure this is normal but the sensor is not resetting back to normal so the cart thinks the pedal is being depressed. If I remove the sensor and allow it to reset the cart passes the startup test and the buzzer goes away. I ordered a new sensor and this one is further off center than the one on my cart. I am guessing that there is a way to maybe set these sensors or something. Does anyone know how to? Or what is going wrong with these that that are not lining up properly.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO