lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2019, 01:12 PM   #1
hbk_136
Not Yet Wild

Default Does the RXV need a 230A controller (will a 175A one work?)

I have done some searching and even seen this one mentioned in a thread or two, but no definitive answer. I know the stock Danaher controller on my 2008 RXV is 230A...and I'm pretty sure something in there isn't working right. In reference to this piece:

175A Controller

Will this work? They are both ACD4805 models, difference being mine is ACD4805-G2 and 230A and this one is ACD4805-W4 and 175A.

This is just informational, so please don't bash the location/seller/risk...just technically speaking, would this work? I'm just wondering if sometimes it like manufacturers put parts on things that are rated way over what they will be used for, just wondering if this is possibly the same. Anyone know how many amps these motors draw? My cart is 48V, and just want to know if theoretically this would work and/or would there be any performance drawbacks?
hbk_136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2019, 01:20 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Does the RXV need a 230A controller (will a 175A one work?)

Would it turn the motor? Probably,IF it's even set up to work the motor brake system. Even if it works you wouldn't like it. If you look at the overall theme of most posts about controllers, everyone wants more amps - no talk of less. Less amps = less power at the wheels. Slower speed, less torque up hills. And again about that motor brake. RXVs are different because of that brake system.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:27 PM   #3
hbk_136
Not Yet Wild

ok I was leaning that way, good to hear another judgement as well
hbk_136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:32 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quite the opposite, they put the smallest part in that will "do the job" for fleet golf use and not a bit more, and sometimes they get that wrong. A perfect example is the tiny little solenoid used on early rxvs, they all fail, and I rarely see one still in use. Also, you are assuming the throttle and brake inputs are the same, and on the same pins. Also assuming the external devices like the E-dump circuit and motor brake circuit exist. After all that's satisfied, what is the software programming like? Is the cart even going to have brakes, is the lower amp rating going to provide sufficient braking power in an emergency stop. Is it going to refuse to move even on the slightest hill. I think it would be a waste of money. Putting overpowered parts in anything that is to be sold for a profit is cutting into the bottom line (something hated by shareholders and bean counters alike). Have an example of something that's sold for a profit that is fitted with way more powerful than needed equipment? (we are talking average items, not items specifically sold as a "hotrod" or heavy duty thing IE: 700hp sports cars, 1000 lb/ft diesel HD trucks).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO