lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2019, 12:04 PM   #1
Jsoyars
Not Yet Wild

Default 2005 TXT slow up hill

I have 2005 EZGO TXT, it has 6 1 year old 6v batteries with an Altrax 400A controller. It is painfully slow up hill. What is the best way to increase my speed?
Jsoyars is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2019, 12:21 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 TXT slow up hill

Tell us your drive type:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:51 PM   #3
Jsoyars
Not Yet Wild

It’s a series cart per the controller.
Jsoyars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:58 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

A series cart will always slow down some on hills. With one year old batteries, you are stuck with what you have until battery change time. Upgrading to 48 volts is the best thing you can do to a series cart, but it ain't cheap.

For now, you can upgrade the controller, solenoid, FNR, and cables, which will allow the motor to pull more amps while climbing the hills. If you buy the right ones, they will also work on 48 volts later on. I got everything in my sig from Carts Unlimited, a site sponsor.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:38 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you decide 48v might be an option, your controller is already capable of 48v, your motor will be fine on 48v too. Expect 33% more speed and torque if using the stock motor. So, that leaves batteries, charger, solenoid, F&R. Cables should be in the plan too, the stock cables are undersized, and won't reach the terminals of 8v batteries. Every single one of the bigger cables needs to be top notch, including the ones to the motor. The whole entire system is limited by the worst cable.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:13 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Oops, missed the Alltrax controller. Do you currently have it set for 400 amps? What size tires - not wheels - do you have?
Old 03-11-2019, 07:32 AM   #7
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

As a fellow 36v owner, just get used to slow hill climbs until you upgrade to 48v or get a high torque motor. I have done everything you can to a 36v besides convert to 48v or upgrade motor as to increase my hill climbing experience, and I can say without a doubt that long hills are a 36v carts worst nightmare.

500A Alltrax, 400A solenoid, 2ga wires, less than 4 month old batteries, HD FNR and I will drop to about 6-7MPH on a long hill.
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:47 AM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW Rusty View Post
As a fellow 36v owner, just get used to slow hill climbs until you upgrade to 48v or get a high torque motor. I have done everything you can to a 36v besides convert to 48v or upgrade motor as to increase my hill climbing experience, and I can say without a doubt that long hills are a 36v carts worst nightmare.

500A Alltrax, 400A solenoid, 2ga wires, less than 4 month old batteries, HD FNR and I will drop to about 6-7MPH on a long hill.
I had a neighbor passenger who thought he'd be funny and try and push with his right foot. It was faster than it seemed, and he darned near twisted his ankle. It did feel slow at 36 volts. My 48 volt build is heavier than it needed to be, but the amount of lead makes a huge difference going up my hills, as well as a beefier motor.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:25 PM   #9
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm cringing as I read these kind of threads...cause I'm anticipating some harder hill climbs in an upcoming camping trip later this summer.
I'm hoping my cart doesn't embarrass itself...(2002 PDS 36v)

I think it won't be so obvious on most of it, cause for example, coming back from the lake swim area..the hill is as steep as it gets..and we'll have at least 2 adults and pack of grandkids piled on...but with pedestrian traffic around, will need to keep speeds way down anyway...so might not even get beyond that 6mph.

the run between the common family cabin and a mile down the road to our travel trailer in the actual campsite area...has a pretty beefy paved road hill...I'm hoping to be able to hold speed above 10-12mph at the most severe part of the climb...and that's not for a long piece of the road, so should be fine...anxious to see how it does.

we have a long slow grade n the road in our neighborhood..with the original stock everything and a 23"s lift kit, the cart was slowing from it's downhill 22mph to down below 10mph as it made it's way up the road...(2 adults)

after the Alltrax 48400, solenoid and 2ga wires thoughout, the cart holds 15mph in our neighborhood with the wife and I on it.

most of our riding is on our own property offroad and through campground dirt roads..so speed is never an issue...but it's that upcoming campout where "commuting" between campsite and cabins/swim area...I expect it'll show what the cart is made of.
bighanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 03:45 PM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

PDS - SepEx - and series are two different beasts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO