lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #1
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Default Battery Renourishment

I have a cart with an old set of 6 volt batteries. They may or may not have life left in them but either way I have reasons for trying to bring them back to life. They look dry inside and in one I could see some white buildup on top of the cell. I assume I just need to add distilled water to them all until the cells are submurged and then charge each one with a 6 volt charger to see it they will hold a charge. Is there any better way to try to renourish an old battery if you really want to get it back working, even for a short time?
AggressiveBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Renourishment

Dry old batteries? Time to replace them - anything you do to try and bring them back to life is only going to waste your time and your money...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Well, I just picked up the cart to rebuild and I don't want to buy the new batteries until I've torn it down and rebuilt it. But...I want to make sure it works and drives before I tear it down....and I don't have any batteries at my disposal to test. Even if i could get them to charge enough to run it around the block 1 time before I tear it down.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:34 PM   #4
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressiveBuggy View Post
Well, I just picked up the cart to rebuild and I don't want to buy the new batteries until I've torn it down and rebuilt it. But...I want to make sure it works and drives before I tear it down....and I don't have any batteries at my disposal to test. Even if i could get them to charge enough to run it around the block 1 time before I tear it down.
You could get away with using 12V marine batteries for testing purposes.. Three 12V in series would give ya 36V, runtime would suck but it would let ya check everything out before commiting to a set of GC batteries..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:26 AM   #5
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Only have one marine battery available from the boat. Better ideas?
Old 02-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #6
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Only have one marine battery available from the boat. Better ideas?
You're gonna have to spend some money whichever way you go.. Buying two more cheap 12V marine batts from Walmart is the least expensive route.. At least if the cart doesn't work out, you have a couple of spares for the boat, truck, RV, or whatever...
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #7
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
you can get battery renewal kits on ebay for about 10 bucks.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:57 PM   #8
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

MIKE IS RIGHT, you will be fussing with the old things no gloves, safety glasses or splash shields and

DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #9
dereckbc
Gone Wild

They won't even make a good boat anchor.
dereckbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:18 PM   #10
gatormeup
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

no need to buy off ebay, sent a pm with same fix as ebay!! mine doesnt cost 10 bucks though!! good luck, and as i said in pm, BE CAREFUL.......
gatormeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO