lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Renourishment

I see where you are coming from for a test but really you can put the cart on jack stands and test with the single 12v battery you already have in your car or lawn mower for that matter.. The problem we have had in the past with these type of threads is that there really is no cheap easy fix for dead, dry, or worn out batteries. And these products tend to be misleading.... we try to debunk the myth
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #22
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
If any of this battery rejuvenation really did work, don't you think we would all be all over it like free beer!? It would be for sale everywhere you looked and solar power would supply the world's energy needs Not be some little known ebay secret
VERY good analogy. Still, some people will not listen and waste good battery money on "refurbisment" ideas. I don't think it worth debating - People who refuse to admit their batteries are shot will always dismiss the obvious outcome. If there was a 'Magic Bullet' fix, EVERY golf course in the nation would use it and new battery sales would be eliminated. The experienced cart mechanic / builder / owner will tell you the truth, which is, when batteries are gone - THEY'RE GONE!!!

My 2 cents...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:58 PM   #23
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

I love battery threads.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:30 AM   #24
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Yeah and its obvious most of you are missing the point. I have enough experience to not be back over here if the cart shutters from low voltage, and I know just cust he lights work doesn't mean it'll roll the cart. I am sure I'll have to get over 37 volts to be in an amp range that'll get it rolling. From my understanding the 12v trick will only test the motor...did that on another car and its not JUST the motor I want to check. Nobody ever said I was delaying the obvious need to raplace, but just as was pointed out in another thead about Crown Batteries that you need to watch the manufacture date and get the newest produced battery off the retail shelf. If thats the case I'd be a moron to buy new batteries to test functions and then let the brand new batteries sit for 3 months before the cart is complete. Oh...no offense to the morons...I mean people...who have already done this.......I was just making a point. So the $5 and 1 hour to try to bring them back to short term life may get me around the block now so I feel better about the electronics as I tear the cart down to the frame and will make my pocket feel more comfortable dishing out the $$$ for batteries when its back together since I know it'll run like a champ with some fresh juice.

AggressiveBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:34 AM   #25
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You've answered your own question then...

By the way - If you buy good Trojan batteries, sitting for 3 months during the build won't effect them at all..

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:45 AM   #26
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Ok, thanks Mike. I am not sure I'll actually having it sitting that long. I only have two carts to work on now, but if I have more custom orders (working on other peoples carts) then it may sit. Thanks for the options guys.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:47 AM   #27
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressiveBuggy View Post
Yeah and its obvious most of you are missing the point. I have enough experience to not be back over here if the cart shutters from low voltage, and I know just cust he lights work doesn't mean it'll roll the cart. I am sure I'll have to get over 37 volts to be in an amp range that'll get it rolling. From my understanding the 12v trick will only test the motor...did that on another car and its not JUST the motor I want to check. Nobody ever said I was delaying the obvious need to raplace, but just as was pointed out in another thead about Crown Batteries that you need to watch the manufacture date and get the newest produced battery off the retail shelf. If thats the case I'd be a moron to buy new batteries to test functions and then let the brand new batteries sit for 3 months before the cart is complete. Oh...no offense to the morons...I mean people...who have already done this.......I was just making a point. So the $5 and 1 hour to try to bring them back to short term life may get me around the block now so I feel better about the electronics as I tear the cart down to the frame and will make my pocket feel more comfortable dishing out the $$$ for batteries when its back together since I know it'll run like a champ with some fresh juice.

It appears to me that most of us, (including the "morons") are only missing a point that you are failing to make!

Have a nice day
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:51 AM   #28
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Fair enough, but like Mike said...I got my answer so I'm good.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO