lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2015, 07:43 PM   #1
deltaboy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default TXT wont drive on reverse

My dad bought a used TXT. dont know the year but the previous owner thought it was a 2007.its a 36v. Everything has worked fine until this past weekend when when he took it the the hunting camp. Reverse worked one minute and the next it didnt. I do here the click when thw pedal is pressed bit thats it. I know nothing about yhe txt's so any help would be great. Its nothing like my 79 marathon.
deltaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2015, 07:56 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: TXT wont drive on reverse

check the forward/reverse switch to see if its making good contact on the contacts , you my need to tighten cam
Old 01-13-2015, 07:43 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

and....seeing as how the solenoid is picking up (the clicking) the problem is in the high current portion of the drive system. As Crash mentioned check the F&R switch.....and every other cable connection while your at it.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:25 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Assuming a series drive cart with the rotary F&R switch mounted on the passenger side floor, You may need to upgrade the Switch to a true HD F&R for off road use. You can remove the switch cam easily (1 center nut) and inspect the contacts. Any burning or pitting indicated a bad switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F&R-Exploded-View-for-web.jpg (675.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (322.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg F&R-Exploded-View-for-print.jpg (133.1 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:12 PM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I dunno ScottyB. If he were going to just upgrade the switch cam only for your price o $69....that may be good, but if it were my $$$$ I would suggest that he just buy the HD Contactor Kit for $199. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Reversing_Contactors.html I know I purchased and installed your Super Duty (the Super Duty is a little more ...Ummmm...Built like brick outhouse? than the HD) but IMHO...these Reversing Contractors replace the weak link in the system. They are just fantastic!! I look at it like this....you already "have" to spend $69. So...why not spend ($199 - $69 = $130) the additional $130 and you can sleep at night....and even nap in the afternoon. knowing your F\R switch will work like it's suppose to!!

That's how I saw it....and it did...and it does....and I recommend 'em highly...and I'lll NEVER go back to the old style again...and if you get hit by a cart and bad things happen....I will come and slap you out of a comma and buy at least 2 more from you. Then you can go back to a ??? Comatic State? I'll know I'm set for life.

Ghee....that sounded rather selfish...eh?

Oh well....don't do anything stupid.

Rant over.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:27 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

what the ???

P.S.
Switch cams only work in perfect switches. Once a switch has been heated up the stationary contacts (50%of the switch) slouch in the plastic housing and contact is forever compromised.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:21 PM   #7
deltaboy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Im trying to talk him into the hd. I had a chance to tinker with it today. The contacts havent been over heated, but did find that (im guessing they are the forward switch and reverse switch) switches at the top with the red and blue control wires arent acting the same on the continuity test. One on the left (towards driver side) has continuity between the red wire terminal and blue wire terminal until you press the roller switch on the bottom of it. The one on the right (towards passenger side) has continuity and after pressing the switch with the roller below it, the continuity never breaks. Im assuming that part has gone bad. Am i correct?
Old 01-15-2015, 10:28 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

They are both off (open) in neutral. The drivers side (1 with the red wire) is on (closed = has continuity across it) in both F&R. The pass. side is closed in Rev. only
Hope this helps
Old 01-16-2015, 12:01 AM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The solenoid "shouldn't" be working in reverse if the switches are part of the problem.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:57 AM   #10
deltaboy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok thanks. Ill check that in a bit.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO