lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2015, 10:01 AM   #21
Cart Sports
Getting Wild

Default Re: Rear Leafs

We can supply a price if interested.
Cart Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2015, 09:43 PM   #22
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Ok so I got my mediums installed last week and have driven the cart a fair amount since then. I must say, I am very pleased with how they ride. They are more stiff than stock, but by no means rough. They seem to be perfect. I'll get a better idea of how they'll ride once I get my seat installed...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leaves.jpg (321.4 KB, 0 views)
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:07 PM   #23
Gwagon
Gone Wild

Club Car

Great to know....Ordering now..

Gwagon
Gwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:41 AM   #24
breese2001
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

DIY Golf Carts has video demonstrating that you can remove the rear shocks when installing the HD rear leaf springs.

Is this still true if you install the Medium or Dual Action springs?
breese2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:12 PM   #25
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

You can but I wouldn't know why. Springs and shocks have 2 different functions.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 03:57 PM   #26
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

I would keep the shocks.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:58 PM   #27
breese2001
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
I would keep the shocks.
So, I figured out, in part, why DIY Golf Carts says you can remove the shocks when upgrading the rear leaf springs... Once you start adding leafs, the shocks are then too short to reach all the way through the bracket that mounts to the U-bolt & axle.

I also found that with the added leafs essentially lowering that same bracket, it now touches the inside of the driver's side hub ever so slightly. I just got the cart last week so still running stock wheels & tires, but I think this effect would be minimized with larger wheels.

I upgraded to the Medium Duty Dual Action leafs this past weekend, removed the shocks completely, and the cart is riding great.
breese2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:41 AM   #28
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have an old '97 series cart and the springs were almost shot. I transported some patio blocks on the back bagwell and I had to be careful not let the body rub the tires. I replaced the single leaf spring with triple leaf HD springs. Eventually, I plan to install a home made rear seat/stake body combination. I can jump up and down on the back with hardly any movement. Yes, it does ride a bit rough, but I have gotten used to it. With the 22" x 11" wide soft lawn mower tires on the back, I get a decent enough ride on the road. Mine is not used for golf, just street use. I am happy with my AMERICAN made, hundred dollar HD springs.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:43 AM   #29
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

I forgot to mention that I purchased shock extenders for a few bucks, from a local auto discount store. I still have the original stock shocks on it.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:34 AM   #30
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have the dual action leafs on the camp cart, they squeak like hell, took them apart cleaned them, checked for smooth rounded edges didn't work, they ride really well but hate the noise, I'll be switching them out next time I bring the cart home from the camp.
My other cart I don't need more spring unless to just lift it some with larger wheels so I'll stay away from this lol. Can't for the life of me remember where I got the dual action leafs, lost the papers and I would of surely complained about them.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car