lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2015, 08:53 PM   #1
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Trojan battery.... Which one?

I had Interstate batteries, thought I had good batteries until I read over threads... On the Trojan website and there are 12 different batteries listed, as I thought the T 125 was good, although they have other batteries up to T 605 and a gel deep cycle. Conditions that I drive are all paved roads, minimal up grades. Wanted to go lithium, although if I sell this cart later, the new owner might not be comfortable with lithium setup and I would loose selling market.

Conversing with Scotty for 500A controller, to include required cable and F/R upgrades. Cart already does 30+ due to change of rear gears, PQ 36v (Bandit) in a 48v DS and street tires, won't leave burn outs, but it rolls out smooth.

Without printing out all spec sheets to compare, I thought I would post and review others input. Not an electric tech guy, just sort of buy the pieces and put them together...

Thanks,

OC

Last edited by oconnorb; 02-01-2015 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: Spelling
oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2015, 01:49 AM   #2
beau
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Trojan battery.... Which one?

T-105 is the industry standard 6V, the T125 and T145 are more AH and weight, the T605 is less. T-875 is the standard for 8 volt with the T890 being the higher AH option.

Their Gel cell is twice the price. They do have a new AGM line coming out that is supposed to be very competitively priced. A well maintained flooded cell is still your best bang for the buck. There sure is a premium on not having to maintain your batteries. Both AGM and GEL cost considerably more and deliver significantly less recharge cycles.
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:08 AM   #3
Cart Sports
Getting Wild

8V- T-875 or Powertron P-8000
6V- T-105 or Powertron P-2000

Anything less than those Trojans is a waste of money. The Powertron Battery is manufactured by Trojan for Safe Start and has a better run time than the T-605 or T-860.
Cart Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:09 AM   #4
Cart Sports
Getting Wild

Trojan does have some new 8V batteries, the Ranger and the Traveler. One is a higher run-time battery, while the other one has better durability.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:09 PM   #5
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

(Eight) Trojan T-145's will yield you 48v and extremely long run time
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:37 PM   #6
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart Sports View Post
Trojan does have some new 8V batteries, the Ranger and the Traveler. One is a higher run-time battery, while the other one has better durability.
I looked at the price for these and have to consider is it going to return that cost overt time or extended use, It is hard to say if it will. Also availability isn't readily available, at least near my home town. Now the Trojan standards you mention are and reasonably priced.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:46 PM   #7
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJerm76 View Post
(Eight) Trojan T-145's will yield you 48v and extremely long run time
Everybody has different needs and in some cases this would be nice to have but when considering a continual cost of replacement, you have to really consider the cost of the extra batteries and do you really need that extended time between uses. I can see hunting carts one of the most common need, also when you hop up a cart & use it for hunting you can eat up run time rather quickly and no hunter wants to get stranded when he has a nice rack to haul out. I have two carts, two purposes, one with 4 12v batteries and for what I use the cart it works for now but most likely of the 8v option later because cost wise isn't that much difference but that doesn't hold up for every situation. The other cart, I do need more run time so I will not go less than 6 8v batts.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:54 PM   #8
Cart Sports
Getting Wild

Why not just go with 6 Trojan Rangers?
Old 02-03-2015, 05:05 PM   #9
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart Sports View Post
Why not just go with 6 Trojan Rangers?
The prices I found was almost $175 more each and I would have to order them locally, that is a lot to consider cost and availability. Not saying they are not a good option, they are, the extended estimated range has to be considered when purchasing, also the traveler will have a percentage life expectancy to consider but at a higher cost also, so the math has to be done to see if it is actually worth it and that depends on the individual needs.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #10
beau
Gone Wild
Club Car

Ranger and Traveler take about a month to bring into my area, T series is available by the pallet all the time.
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car